Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evocative Artwork
Evocative Artwork
I stumbled across this image on DeviantArt a while ago, found it on my hard drive again today, and wondered how Doug would react to the young lady. (Not Doug's power - she isn't singing - but Doug himself.)

"Fire Within Me", by "AF-studios", © 2010 Ana Fagarazzi

[Image: 557d705c369bf2db0ee138c2deb45117.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Evocative Artwork
Oh my... I guess it would depend on the context where he encountered her, but ... yeah.

And is it wrong of me to think of Lindsey Stirling when I see this?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Steplet to a world with Bards?
I'll be honest: Mostly I just wonder about whether the violin is one of those insured-for-six-figures masterpieces or if replacing it won't be too big a hassle, because even if it's only the bow that burst into flames she's probably going to drop the whole thing when she flinches away in a few tenths of a second. If that's enough to save her hair is questionable, but she's certainly getting some burns on her hand and possibly her face.

Lindsey Sterling is runner up, though.
There's no saying for sure, just by what we see here, whether this character is Good or Evil ... but the flames could be interpreted rather ominously:

Quote:The Devil opened up his case and he said, "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from his fingertips as he rosined up his bow
And he pulled the bow across the strings and it made an evil hiss....
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."