Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Essential Identity" -- A DW5 Music Video
"Essential Identity" -- A DW5 Music Video
"Essential Identity" -- a virtual music video forDrunkard's Walk V/Oh! My Brother Book IIFeaturing characters from "Oh! My Goddess" and "Oh! My Brother"Music: "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks. Words and Music by Meredith Brooks and Shelly Peiken. Copyright (C) 1997 EMI Blackwood MusicInc., Kissing Booth Music, and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.-------------(BLANK WHITE SCREEN. AS MUSIC COMES UP, WE REALIZE THIS IS THE RESULT OF OVEREXPOSURE, OF MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF LIGHT, AS THE BRIGHTNESS CRANKS DOWN AND A SILHOUETTED FIGURE MATERIALIZES. WE SEE HER FROM THE BACK -- BLACK LEATHER AND BLONDE HAIR. SHE TURNS, AND WE SEE THAT IT IS MARA, COMPLETE WITH BLAZING CRIMSON DEMON MARKS. CAMERA COMES IN TO A HEAD-AND-SHOULDERS SHOT ON HER AND THE BACKGROUND DIALS DOWN TO A FAINTLY LUMINESCENT WHITE AS SHE SINGS.)MARAI hate the world today.(MARA MORPHS INTO BELLDANDY. UNTIL NOTED OTHERWISE BELOW,EACH CHANGE OF SINGER IS A MORPH AGAINST THE BLANK WHITEBACKGROUND.)BELLDANDYYou're so good to me,I know, but I can't change.URDTried to tell you but you Look at me like maybeI'm an angel underneath,SKULDInnocent and sweet.BELLDANDYYesterday I cried.MARAYou must have been relieved To see the softer side.SKULDI can understand How you'd be so confused.I don't envy you.URDI'm a little bit of everythingAll rolled into one.MARAI'm a bitch URDI'm a loverSKULDI'm a child BELLDANDYI'm a motherMARAI'm a sinnerBELLDANDYI'm a saintURDI do not feel ashamedMARAI'm your hellBELLDANDYI'm your dreamURDI'm nothing in betweenSKULDYou know you wouldn't want it any other way.BELLDANDYSo take me as I am.URDThis may mean you'll have To be a stronger man.MARARest assured that when I Start to make you nervousAnd I'm going to extremesSKULDTomorrow I will changeBELLDANDYAnd today won't mean a thing.MARAI'm a bitch URDI'm a loverSKULDI'm a child BELLDANDYI'm a motherMARAI'm a sinnerBELLDANDYI'm a saintURDI do not feel ashamedMARAI'm your hellBELLDANDYI'm your dreamURDI'm nothing in betweenSKULDYou know you wouldn't want it any other way.(MUSICAL BRIDGE)BELLDANDYJust when you think You got me figured outURDThe season's already changing.SKULDI think it's cool, You do what you doMARAAnd don't try to save me.BELLDANDYI'm a bitchSKULDI'm a loverMARAI'm a childURDI'm a motherBELLDANDYI'm a sinnerMARAI'm a saintSKULDI do not feel ashamedBELLDANDYI'm your hellMARAI'm your dreamSKULDI'm nothing in betweenURDYou know you wouldn't want it any other way.SKULDI'm a bitchBELLDANDYI'm a teaseMARAI'm a goddess on my kneesURDWhen you hurt, when you sufferSKULDI'm your angel undercoverBELLDANDYI've been numbMARAI'm revived(THE CAMERA PULLS BACK AND WE SEE URD, SKULD, BELLDANDY AND MARA, STANDING TOGETHER IN A ROW, SWAYING TO THE MUSIC.)ALLCan't say I'm not aliveYou know I wouldn't want it any other way(MUSIC BEGINS OUTRO. ENTER PARADOX FROM RIGHT, LOOKING CONFUSED AND PUZZLED. AS SONG GOES THROUGH INSTRUMENTAL ENDING, THEY SLINK PAST PARADOX ONE BY ONE AND EXIT RIGHT, TRAILING THEIR FINGERTIPS ACROSS HIS ARM, CHEST OR FACE. PARADOX NODS AND SMILES, OBVIOUSLY HAVING NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. LAST TO LEAVE IS MARA, WHO GRINS AND PATS HIS CHEEK BEFORE SHE LEAVES THE FRAME.MUSIC ENDS.PARADOX TAKES A MOMENT MORE TO CATCH ON, THEN WHIRLS AND STARES OFF RIGHT.)PARADOX (Yelling)Hey! What's *she* doing here?(BLACKOUT)

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: "Essential Identity" -- A DW5 Music Video
Nothing? Almost five days and nothing?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Nothing? Almost five days and nothing?
I don't know about the others, but I've been afraid to touch it.
But since you ask, it seems to support a theory I've hinted at a couple of times already. If that's correct, I'm wondering how Paradox will deal with it -- and how Megumi will deal with it.
And Doug will, as I said earlier, probably come hunting you down, Bob. After all, he already killed one of his creators in MegaTokyo....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Also afraid.
Belldandy = Mother = Do Not Go Gently Into That Ecchi Night = DEEP HURTING.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
For me, the "deep hurting" came when they all switch roles in the second chorus. I can't even type Belldandy saying "I'm a... "
...See? Just can't do it. Smile
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
Well, it's a matter of degrees. Belldandy's version of bitch involves serving okra. Mara's on the other hand...---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Now that's what I was looking for.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
But since you ask, it seems to support a theory I've hinted at a couple of times already.
And in the wake of Ch 5 coming out, DHBirr, what do you think now?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
And in the wake of Ch 5 coming out, DHBirr, what do you think now?
Yeah, that was what I saw coming. The yearning expression on Mara's face when she watched the goddesses, Skuld's reference to a "lost" sister, the funny looks between Bell, Urd, and Skuld when Paradox referred to Mara as a "family problem" (more true than he knew). And then, in your "music video," the way that she's an integral, interchangeable-with-the-others part of the song, and then touches Paradox as she exits, in the same way the other three did.
As I said once before, I distrust certainty (remember that idea I had about smacking down Amelia's "there can be no other explanation"), but for months now, I've been next thing to certain that Mara was the lost sister.
What I'm wondering now is, if they successfully redeem her -- I recall a line in one of your possible Harry Potter snippets where Doug speaks of having held a dying demon in his arms while she begged for forgiveness -- will she still be adult-Mara, only good, or will she have to revert to childhood? It occurs to me that the latter might actually help Megumi accept not being able to pound the crap out of her ... if child-Mara is able to spot Skuld adorability points and still come out ahead.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote:
I recall a line in one of your possible Harry Potter snippets where Doug speaks of having held a dying demon in his arms while she begged for forgiveness
Ooooh, good memory. That was posted, um, what, four years ago? Five? Kinda gives you an idea how far down the line I have things planned out, donnit?

-- Bob
---------