Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to a concert
Off to a concert
Peg and I are off to a Lindsey Stirling concert at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel NJ tonight.  Weirdly, she has Evanescence opening for her...

Anyway, if I get any good pics or video out of it, I'll make sure to put them up so those who are interested can check them out.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Off to a concert
And we're back.  We had a great time.  Turns out it wasn't really "Lindsey Stirling with opening act Evanescence", it was "Double header concert, Evanescence/Lindsey Stirling, with opening act Cellogram".  They each did a 90-minute concert, and they shared everything through the show -- the set and effects, the orchestra (like the Moody Blues used to do, they're apparently using a local orchestra for each performance) -- and made appearances in each other's concerts, and Evanescence's guitarist played a number with Cellogram in the opener.

As an example of making an appearance, here's Amy Lee singing "Shatter Me" during Lindsey's concert.  I was a little slow on the uptake, so it's missing the first 15 or 30 seconds, but is otherwise complete.

I have a few photos, but they're actually more trouble to upload and embed than this is.  And it's late and I want to sleep.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(08-10-2018, 11:49 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: And we're back.  We had a great time.  Turns out it wasn't really "Lindsey Stirling with opening act Evanescence", it was "Double header concert, Evanescence/Lindsey Stirling, with opening act Cellogram".  

Yeah, I saw them in Virginia a few weeks ago. Different opening act, though.
I also hear Lindsey's done a few solo concerts along the way, too, with a set list I kind of regret not hearing, including a medley of her game music covers.
-- Bob

(08-14-2018, 03:41 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I also hear Lindsey's done a few solo concerts along the way, too, with a set list I kind of regret not hearing, including a medley of her game music covers.

Argh, I wish I'd known about that as well. On the bright side, she did her Phantom medley cover for the encore at the concert I went to.
Same here. With fantastic mutating pipe organ graphics behind her.
-- Bob