Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Theoretically the undines are martial artists too, with some low-level naginatajutsu-like training.  Which seems like it might apply to oars, not just glaives.

Part of the undine training involves dealing with unruly customers, using the thing you have on hand -- a giant wooden oar.  Of course the anime skips over this part with its romantic focus, but have you read any of the Aria doujinshi?  They're worse than most.  If people here in this world think of them as sex objects to be defiled, you could bet that in the fictional world some drunk tourists in a tourist town would try to push it too far.

Sakura Kinomoto is only a martial artist when using her Fight card.

Based on Bob's description, Akari goes in the mage category, with her relatively weak magicks and glamours.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Regarding Sakura, I'd throw in the caveat that she doesn't actually need to transform. The whole thing with her staff is merely a means of safe-keeping - part of the contract that binds her cards to her.

Labster and I once talked about it in the Discord and came the the conclusion that her cards are much like the Summons Materia used in FFVII. But unlike in FFVII, Sakura is now capable of creating entirely new cards.

While she does seem to fall into the Magical Girl category, this ability effectively makes her a mage because she's not just spamming pre-ordered attacks. Even if she can't do it on the fly like most mages can, she can create something entirely new and original to add to her repertoire.

We just don't see her doing it very often because Clow Reed has already left her an incredibly versatile box of tools. Thus, when she does make a new Sakura Card, she's usually blazing entirely new trails in uncharted territory.
And that's why Sakura's page has had both icons since the moment I created them.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
just a small reminder to those making actual contribution to the project (unlike myself), if you would like to use a character in a story but but hesitate because they aren't at one of the main apartments, the Windsor Lofts still had dozens of unclaimed bedrooms available, just stick them there.
And I've just noticed we've hit 300 messages. Time to close this thread.

New thread is here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....