Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Noted, I'm going to see what I can come up with
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Urgh.  Noted.  Maybe we should use this thread to help keep track of that, then...

...Unless someone knows how to wrangle a bot to drop a reminder here...  (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :V )
How about "If it's Saturday, update the wiki." Or pick a different day of the week; it won't hurt for us to make updates more often.

I made a few changes yesterday.

EDIT: And we can also drop copies of the stories onto the wiki. I've already started that, using category tags to sort the stories according to when they take place in-universe.

RE-EDIT: And I've made some more minor changes today.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Just noticed that Rajvik and Dartz didn't have the same wiki rights as Black Aeronaut. This has been fixed.

(Bob, you're still "just" a Member - if you change your mind and want to start writing here, I'll promote your account. Labster, you're still an admin... just in case. If something happens to me, ask the Stewards to make you a bureaucrat.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Nah, it's okay. I'm content with just occasionally poking things here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm playing with automated lists in my sandbox. These are supposed to be tables... but they're displaying as text. Ah, well. Good enough for private-sector work.

Which character pages do or do not have images
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I'll poke at things when I can, hopefully after the weekend. Going to be pretty busy playing catch-up with all my classes here. (I had to spend last week workingworkingworking because while the Salvation Army bailed me out of being evicted and my electric from being cut off. But nothing else.)
No rush - family comes first, work/school comes second, fun comes third.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Okay, I'm stumped.

The DPL code that should produce tables works just fine on the freebie wiki. Why doesn't it work on the private wiki?

I've double-checked - we're using dynamicpagelist3 on both wikis, not dynamicpagelist.

I need somebody to debug the code...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Browsing Safebooru and stumbled across a fan artist named Shirataki Kaiseki who specializes in Sailor Moon characters. I like the style, and I was able to find nearly a complete set of Senshi:
(All of which are now on the wiki. For my SI's apartment, that just leaves without images two of the Misaka clones, Tuxedo Mask, and the guy who runs the place. I think the last of those will be the most difficult to find.)

And a few others, that I'm not putting on the wiki:
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Nice find, Rob! I could almost see Usagi and the others putting out a contract offer for this fellow to do pieces for the Royal Gallery.
I've tossed a few more stories onto the wiki. I'm nowhere near finished posting the stories we've already written.

I've added a category of the date each story takes place on (or begins on, for multi-day stories), in the format yyyy-mm-dd. This makes it possible to read them in chronological order, if you follow the categories in order. All of the writers should have access to this page.

Once we have the stories up, then I can try to figure out how the wiki-to-PDF tool works...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
My sidestories are up, and so are a few of Brent's.

I haven't touched the main story yet. Is anyone still adding to that thread, or are we all doing individual story threads now?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Uploaded one more character image (from here - pretty...). That's it for tonight.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Dartz, I think I've pulled together all of the notes you've posted about your characters, but I'm not sure that I have everything.
Working notes for 33-Stars

If there's anything that's obviously missing, please add it in while I work on othere writers' wiki pages...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Speaking of 33-Stars... Of course there aren't any images of Lou, Meg, or Nam floating around the Internet (excepting one low-quality screengrab each with the character's name on the image, on a German site), and there aren't many decent screengrabs of Sylvie, either. And I'm not set up to grab frames from a Blu-ray.

Can anybody else grab the necessary images from the first few minutes of episode 5 of the original BGC, please?

Anri I found on the BGC wikia.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The artist known as "kaguyuzu" is pretty good: Mami, Sayaka, and Kyoko. (The Kyoko image caught my eye, the Mami image is so cuuuuute!) Alas, the matching images for Madoka and Homura are major spoilers for the third movie.

EDIT:
Homura, by Hanabana Tsubomi. Official art, showing her connection to Madoka.

Official height comparison chart

Having trouble finding an official image of just Madoka that doesn't have watermarks, logos, or spoilers... RE-EDIT: I suppose this will just have to do, because I'm not going to use the ones where she's wearing pajamas or only underwear and this is the only other non-logoed non-spoiler official art of just Madoka I could find.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Jeegus, there's some tall-ass folks in there. Madoka's father is pushing a hair over 6ft! And her mom is no slouch either at around 6'5".

Homura and Mami are already 5'2", and Sayaka is actually taller!

Not counting her little brother, Madoka herself is the only one measuring under the 5' mark, and even then by just a hair. Judging by her parents, though.... that girl is in for one HELL of a growth spurt.

EDIT: As a reminder, I'm a mere 5'8". Oh well. Short, compact builds make for better grapplers anyhow.
I've been thinking of getting something commissioned for the girls - rassther than use 'official' stuff.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Well, Jumbo is 210cm.  But, he is Jumbo.  This is, by the way, the same reference chart I'm using for my Azumanga characters, but they're only 18 so they'll gain a centimeter or two still.  And well, Chiyo, she's going to start growing fast, and probably hit Tomo's height in a year, and Yomi's height in another year.

Kaorin is not on the chart.  After looking at a few bits of episodes, I've put her at 154cm, eye-to-eye with Tomo.  Kaorin is not in most official images; she's not a star of her show, when most of her peer group is.  I've written a little about this, but I need to do more.

And I've got heights of Aria characters too.  Maybe we need this in the infobox.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(10-17-2018, 03:05 AM)Labster Wrote: ...
And I've got heights of Aria characters too.  Maybe we need this in the infobox.

Right now, all that's in the infobox for displacees is name, image, residence, and source ficton. What else do we want to add?

I've added the canon birthdays for the Sailor Moon characters to their pages, in the writeups. (Poor Ami - displaced to a day just after her birthday, so on paper she's now the youngest of the Senshi.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
New fields available in the "infobox displacee" template:
| Birthday =
| Age =
| Height =
| Three Sizes =

If all of these are blank, the way they were in all uses of the template before I added them, then the displacee box looks exactly the same as it did yesterday. If even one has an entry, then a new section appears in the infobox: "Demographic Information (as of September 2016 in-universe)" See it in-use on Ami's and Mii's pages.

EDIT: More pages have at least some of this data. As of this update, no page has all four fields completed, and only one page has the "three sizes" entry. Anyone for whom I could find a birthday, I could not find a height, and vice-versa.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just now noticed that All The Tropes has an on-wiki chat function, with a log that we can extract entries from given a decent implementation of sed or some other text-extraction tool.

Black Aeronaut wants a real-time collaborative-writing tool. I suspect this would work, if we don't load it up too much. At the worst, we could give it a try and decide later whether it's good for our purpose.

Labster, what needs to be done to add it to our private wiki?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Eh. It's better than nothing, but unless someone wants to write up a script that can extract text from a chat and convert it into prose, then there's gonna be a lot of touching up that has to be done.
Really, anything that can be embedded in another website can be enabled with Extension:Gadgets and a tiny amount of programming. So if you have an idea for a better site, let me know, and we can set that up.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto