Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ye gods, THAT was Devastating [manga/anime]
Ye gods, THAT was Devastating [manga/anime]
Some time ago, I saved an appealing picture off the 'Net.  https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=pos...id=2192468

I wasn't at the time paying attention to the character's name, what series if any, or who the artist was; I just liked the image, and saved it under the title, "The Music Is Strong in This One."  But after a while, by which I mean yesterday, I got curious and tried to track it down to find those details, and learn if there was a story behind it.  The emotion in that story is such that I almost wish I hadn't.

The title is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, or Your Lie in April.  It did NOT make me, a hardhearted 60-year-old S.O.B., cry.  Not quite. (Edit: Not YET.)

RE: Ye gods, THAT was Devastating [manga/anime]
Have you ever watched Full Moon wo Sagashite, by any chance? Non-combat Magical Girl story about a little girl with throat cancer who wants to become an idol rather than accept life-saving surgery that may require complete removal of her larynx, because she'd rather die than never sing again. It starts out at have-your-hankies-handy (What kind of kid has a pair of shinegami show up to tell her they're here to grant her wish so she can die in a year without regrets, and just says "Oh, okay?") gets better, turns absolutely heartwrenching, and has an ending I don't want to spoil even slightly. Very highly recommended, would watch with my mom and/or my nieces. Just, you know, box o' Kleenex at all times. Each.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: Ye gods, THAT was Devastating [manga/anime]
You're always welcome to join us over in There's Nothing Better...  Wink