Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Candidate Accused McCain of Timing Announcement to Hurt her Campaign
GOP Candidate Accused McCain of Timing Announcement to Hurt her Campaign
Not as narcissistic as the president, but pretty damned close -- in the very brief time between McCain announcing he was ceasing treatment for his cancer and announcement of his death, Arizona GOP candidate Kelli Ward posted a Facebook message where she basically said McCain's announcement was a tactic to take media attention off her campaign. Quote: “I think they wanted to have a particular narrative that they hope is negative to me."

She has since deleted the message, but you know the Net -- there's lots of copies of it elsewhere to prove that she was being a self-centered jerk who thinks everything's about her.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: GOP Candidate Accused McCain of Timing Announcement to Hurt her Campaign
"Even his death is all about ME!"
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Dear Lyna! Did this person actually SAY that?!

*sigh*

Well, it proves the old saying: You can't cure STUPID!
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
If he hadn't actually been on death's door, it would be a plausible move from teh more cynical sort of politico - which is the default assumption, these days. Having pulled it so quickly is actually a positive sign from her as far as I can see it - either she really does regret the hasty conclusion, or has enough savvy to realize she'd damn well better look like she does, which is at least a sign of being competent at her job.
--
‎noli esse culus
Or she has a proactive enough person on her staff to keep an eye out for the modern Republican habit of saying something selfish, cruel and stupid and yanking it before the damage got too high.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Even "hires competent staffers" is above par at this point, though. Still a positive relative to the field.
--
‎noli esse culus