Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Four Is Now Available...
Re: Chapter Four Is Now Available...
Quote:
OTOH, I like the idea of a feather-winged octopus too much to limit my mental images of cherubs to mammals. ^_^
You aren't the only one who'se thrown away that restriction... I recall seeing Beth McCoy once post that Archangel Novalis' cherubic form is "giant hummingbird".

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Pearaphim
Quote:
...And then there was a great flash, as of a thousand suns, and the very air itself seemed to burn golden, and a sound came, like the ringing of a thousand golden trumpets, and the squirrel saw before him a being, one of the Great Lords of Fruit, bewing'd and halo'd, one of the mighty pearaphim, the vegetative pillars of heaven. And the pearaph spoke, in a voice both sweet as sweetened fruit juice* and brazen as great metal shields crashing together, and what it said was "FEAR NOT, BRIEF MORTAL--!"
And the squirrel fell backwards in astonishment, for he was sore afraid, and more importantly, very weirded out by the whole thing.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I see I'm not the only one who remembers that simply bizarre picture.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Actually, I took that mental image from Gryphon's In Nomine fic. Oh well.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
I see Chapter Four is now available on Usenet...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yeah, I finally got around to sending it out to RAAC and to one of the new FFMLs.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Wow, is this ever late.
What praise can I heap that hasn't already been heaped? What songs of glory can be sung that haven't already been blasted unto the heavens?
The story advances, and when I reread it I can perhaps give a more thorough accounting of just why I enjoyed it.
Suffice it to say, it was enjoyable.
One question yet remains, however. Where is Keiichi? His absence both figurative and literal leads me to wonder whether or not he's being "saved" somehow for a further plot point. After all, why would he be asked to leave the room if that wasn't an important point coming up later? After all, he is the protagonist of the original show.
-murmur