Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That book that's so critical of the country's leader
That book that's so critical of the country's leader
So, there's a book - written by somebody with a reputation for publishing verifiable stories about politicians, that is highly unflattering to the leader of the country, that got a lot of hype before it was published, and that has a catchy name that makes it obvious what the slant of the book's contents is.

Thirty years and three days later, there's another book...

What, you thought I was talking about US politics? Nah. The book I'm talking about is Reign of Error, and it helped to remove a Liberal Prime Minister from power.

Retrospective: When a book 'written with acid' made headlines in Ottawa

Quote: On the Monday following the weekend, the Liberal leader didn't want to discuss specific allegations in the book, though he suggested it was intentionally negative.

"I'm not going to give it to anybody for Christmas," he told reporters.

Others in the Liberal party also were upset by what was in Weston's book — though most of the people he'd spoken to after the book was published didn't take issue with the overall work.

"They weren't happy, of course, that there were some unflattering parts in it, but they also recognize that it's a true representation and some of them, actually, said they thought I went soft in some spots," Weston told CBC's Midday, the same day Turner spoke to reporters.

Sound familiar?

Now... will history repeat, on the other side of the border?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: That book that's so critical of the country's leader
No Rob, it wont, it didn't when Woodward did the same thing to Obama,

That said, i wonder if old Bob does anything more than write nasty books about political leaders now. That and be a talking head
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd