Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun music I can't see a power for
Fun music I can't see a power for
Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCLY0Rlx6Q
Amazingly 80s for something released in 2014.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: Fun music I can't see a power for
Glitter & Gold by Barns Courtney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV90gXmOpA
I suppose it could be the D&D Glitterdust spell at will for the duration? That is definitely the kind of thing Doug would do, but it seems a little simplistic for the song.
--
‎noli esse culus
(09-20-2018, 11:09 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: Glitter & Gold by Barns Courtney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV90gXmOpA
I suppose it could be the D&D Glitterdust spell at will for the duration? That is definitely the kind of thing Doug would do, but it seems a little simplistic for the song.
Hmmm. I'll just load up the lyrics and poke at 'em since my default for the song is the one with the sounds added for the Marvel fanvid...

'I am flesh and I am bone
Rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold
I've got fire in my soul
Rise up, ting ting, like glitter.'
That sounds to me like necromancy with a requirement of something shiny and valuable (glitter and gold) as a sacrifice. It probably works better the more expensive the sacrifice is, of course. Under funding it may also cause spiritual damage (fire in my soul).
'Do you walk in the valley of kings?
Do you walk in the shadow of men?
Who sold their lives to a dream?'
Ask those you have raised questions and get answers if you're fast enough about it. And if the sacrifices were valuable enough. Sometimes the answers will come from the animals nearby - particularly ones that are intended for sacrifice (Do you talk to the animals?/Do you hold their lives from a string?). This part works best outside ().
Side effects include: memory loss ('Cause everybody in the backroom's spinning up/Don't remember what you're asking for), intoxication and/or hallucinations (And everybody's in the front room's tripping out/You left your bottle at the door) and distraction (Do you ponder the manner of things/In the dark)

Not sure it's better, but is sure is more comlicated.
-Now available with copious trivia!
Eh... even if the song did work that way, it's the kind of thing Doug would probably not be willing to use much - messing around with the border of life and death is a great way to attract the attention of gods, something he has a (quite understandable to even the most casual student of mythology) strong aversion to.
--
‎noli esse culus
Maybe it turns that heavy steel Security robot into a nice punch-able flesh and blood Humanoid?
"Shut up and Dance" -- yeah, fun song but no obvious power.

"Glitter and Gold" -- not a new song to me; hell, I think we've had the Marvel Cinematic Universe video made to that song posted here in the forums at least twice over the last year or two.  I've got some plans for that one.

EDIT:  Oh, what the hell, here it is again.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Maybe "Shut Up and Dance" makes everyone in the area mute, but instills mad skillz on the dance floor, for a value of "mad" which exclusively includes those moves popular from 1980-1989?
--
‎noli esse culus