Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a sane world, this would have been enough to disqualify him on the spot
RE: In a sane world, this would have been enough to disqualify him on the spot
(10-03-2018, 08:34 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Who in their right mind would go to a series of parties where that occurred, her saying it was not only well known but common?

"I'll take precautions. It won't happen to me. I'll keep an eye on my drinks. It won't happen to me. I'll get out before they go too far. It won't happen to me. I know who to watch out for. It won't happen to me."
Yeah - at the time, they were in college, and every college student I've ever met (including myself, back in the day) thought they were immortal and invincible... until something happened to them.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(10-03-2018, 08:34 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Rob,

The person that article is talking about, her accusations were debunked almost immediately by the accusations themselves. Who in their right mind would go to a series of parties where that occurred, her saying it was not only well known but common?

"Your Honor, the plaintiff's claim that he was mugged by my client is debunked almost immediately by the claim itself. Who in their right mind would walk through a part of town where that occurred, him saying it was not only well known but common?"
"...After all, if he didn't want to be mugged, he shouldn't have had money on him, shouldn't have been seen spending money in public, shouldn't have walked in an area known to have had muggings in the past, and should have called the police as soon as he suspected a crime was about to occur. How can we possibly believe this accusation, given all the factors that clearly absolve my client of any responsibility?"
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Investigation that didn’t investigate anything doesn’t find what it wasn’t looking for:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...e76b24cdee
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Why aren't we allowed to read it? It was submitted to Congress, was it not? Does that not put it into the public record?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-04-2018, 03:10 PM)robkelk Wrote: Why aren't we allowed to read it? It was submitted to Congress, was it not? Does that not put it into the public record?

Well, you're not allowed to read it 'cause you're a damn' furriner an' prob'ly voted for that there know-it-all Trudeau.*

We USAians aren't allowed to read it because, this being no longer a republic based on representative democracy** but an oligarchy based on plutocracy (and kleptocracy and kakistocracy), our masters in Congress have decreed that We the People aren't entitled to know anything they don't feel like telling us.

* It's no business of mine who you voted for; I'm just summarizing the Trumpite 'tude.

** I get so effin' sick of those people who think it counts as an unanswerable rebuttal to declare, "We're not a democracy, we're a republic!"  So I've counter-punched.  Hopefully in their 'nads.

Il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un roi pour décourager les autres.  (It is good to kill a king from time to time to discourage the others.)
— paraphrased from Voltaire.  Merci, M’sieur Arouet.
Rajvik Wrote:Who in their right mind would go to a series of parties where that occurred, her saying it was not only well known but common?

Instead of trying to explain it, I'm just going to say that you need to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena (again).  High schools are almost self-contained worlds, and very few people are able to consider decisions outside of the context of their culture.  And even if they can, breaking out of a culture is highly disincentivized.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Well, it's just happened.

Kavanaugh has been confirmed by the Senate.

And here I'd read earlier today that the Dutch government is not going to scrap the dividends tax, keeping some 2 billion euros in the Dutch governmental budget that could be used to mend the damage done by a decade of austerity measures to the public services, which has seen educational, medical and law enforcement organisations put under massive stress to the point that these days if even a single teacher gets ill there's regions where there's no teacher available, while about 10% of all medical beds in university hospitals are not used due to lack of personnel.
So he threw his hissy-fit and got what he wanted.

<sarcasm> Nice to see the USA is appointing people with the behaviour patterns of a five-year-old to the Supreme Court. </sarcasm>
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
There are a bunch of people protesting on the steps of the Supreme Court right now. This is not over: we will impeach the illegitimate justice from the court.
First of all Lobster, there is nothing illegitimate about his nomination or confirmation, you just don't like it. You also don't like that you were incapable of postponing this confirmation vote until either the post election "lamer duck" session or until your supposed "Blue Wave righteously ousts the. Republicans from office" so that you could kill it completely and/or try to impeach Trump. (Yes that was sarcasm)

The problem is that you have shown your true colors to the establishment republicans at exactly the wrong time with this and galvanized them to actually go out and vote in the mid terms which they usually ignore because they are to busy.

For this, I thank you
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Kavanaugh committed a felony in the process of his confirmation hearing. If felons can go unpunished because they have power, then they are illegitimately in power. It wouldn't matter if he was confirmed in the lame duck or last Tuesday, I do not recognize his legal right to be on any federal court.
So, Kavanaugh was sworn in to the Supreme Court on Saturday.

He then took part in a photo op at the White House two days later.

He obviously has no concept of the separation of the judiciary and the executive.

He just threw away any chance of being seen to be impartial, no matter what he does while on the bench.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown