Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great minds think alike
Great minds think alike
According to the Sailor Moon Wikia:

Quote:Did you know?
The first fourteen seconds of Sailor Venus's theme in the Sailor Moon video game for the Super Famicom sound exactly like the first fourteen seconds of Bananarama's version of the song "Venus", which was originally by Shocking Blue.

(It's one of the rotating facts on the main page.)

So, yeah - we aren't the only ones to have linked that song with that character... and this is about as canon as you can get for a Senshi being liked to an existing pop song.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Great minds think alike
One of Gregg "Metroanime" Sharp's Bet-verse minifics actually has Minako singing it on some kind of flying platform while transformed. (I wish I could remember enough to find and link the specific fic...)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Great minds think alike
(10-02-2018, 07:45 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: One of Gregg "Metroanime" Sharp's Bet-verse minifics actually has Minako singing it on some kind of flying platform while transformed.  (I wish I could remember enough to find and link the specific fic...)

I think I vaguely recall that one, but IIRC it wasn't Minako, it was an android double the MC had built to cover for the Senshi not being reset to their lives after taking down Metallia (delayed resurrection or something?) He'd also made doubles for the rest.