Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][Story][Arc 1] Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #10, Brent's TBD)
RE: Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #8, Brent's TBD)
Blossom Apartments, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Saturday, January 14, 2017
6:53 AM

"I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your comb," Mimi said while drying herself off.

"No, that isn't a problem." Rob owned a metal comb, so there wasn't any chance of anything being passed from one person to the other. "Where did you leave it?"

"On the counter." Mimi tossed her towel into the bathroom so that it fell into the tub. "I'll have that coffee now."

"Yeah, sure. How do you take it?"

"White and sweet." She smiled at Rob.

"You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?" She nodded. "We have a term for people who do that... but it isn't family-friendly."

"Oh! I'm sorry!"

"And if somebody other than me was to hear that, they might think you're still possessed."

"Why?"

"Around here, a woman doesn't normally make double-entendres to a man she just met. Especially when she's naked. Or, for that matter, be naked with a man she just met."

"Is my nakedness a problem?"

"Some people might think so." There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Kazari. May I come in?"

"I don't mind," Mimi said.

Rob remembered the anime scene with Kazari's matter-of-fact near-lack of reaction to what Ruiko said Kazari didn't wear to bed. "Come on in."

The door opened and closed. "I brought some orange juice, Rob-oji - you mentioned that you didn't have any. Oh, good morning, Mimi. Would you like some juice?"

"Thank you, but Rob's offered me some coffee. Which I'll take with cream and sugar, please."

"Sure. Are you staying for breakfast, Kazari?"

"I was considering it, but... well, I don't know if I can meet the dress code."

Rob raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well... I'm not anywhere near as pretty as Mimi is, and if somebody else came in and saw you had two naked girls in your apartment and they weren't -"

"Okay, I get your point. You know, just because the Sailor Senshi set so high a bar for personal beauty doesn't mean that you have anything to worry about. You're a pretty girl, Kazari."

"Thank you, Rob-oji," Kazari whispered.

"You have a girlfriend?" Mimi asked Rob as he put a coffee cup on the counter in front of her.

"He has two! No, sorry, three! And they know about each other!"

"Kazari!" Rob almost glared at her. "That's enough."

After a moment, Mimi asked, "Should I get dressed?"

"Only if you want to," Kazari replied.

"Maybe you should, before somebody who isn't comfortable with casual nudity - which I think describes everybody else in the building - decides to pay me an early-morning visit," Rob said neutrally.

"I'll do that now, then. Can I borrow some scissors, to get the price tags off these clothes?"

To be continued, once Brent comes up with what Sakura's going to do for the building twinning

And here's the fan art that inspired me to write this.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #8, Brent's TBD) - by robkelk - 10-04-2018, 09:49 PM