Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urd, the author
Urd, the author
I didn't even know that Urd's seiyuu had written anything, let alone that it was an Oh My Goddess! novel, until the announcement that the novel's been licenced was brought to my attention...
Anybody know anything about the novel?

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Urd, the author
Not a thing; this is news to me.
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
As always, the folks over on Usenet seem to know what's going on; this Usenet post has all the information as I know right now. Quoting from it:
Quote:
The creator did the cover illustration (but not the inside illustrations) so that implies a certain degree of authenticity to the novel.
The original Japanese book can be purchased from Amazon Japan, assuming they still have some copies. (They only had three when I posted this.) I'm going to wait for the English version.
(Edit: Helps if I get the URL right...)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The user reviews on the Amazon website are positive, saying that the author did a good job of putting the goddesses in novel form. As one reviewer notes, she should be very familiar with the characters after spending so many years with them.
As for the plot, I'll leave some spoiler space since I don't know how to hide the text.
(Edit by Bob: No problem, I'll hide it, since the spoiler space system doesn't really work well here.)
(spoiler begins)The reviews also say that the novel has a sad ending, instead of the happy one they wanted. I read elsewhere that the novel is about Belldandy after Keiichi's death.(spoiler ends)
Re: Re: Urd, the author
And now that I've hidden your spoiler, let me welcome you to the forums, Anonymous Coward. I'm intrigued by your choice of handle, since it's certainly not forced on you like it is in some fora I've wandered through.
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Re: Re: Urd, the author
Re "anonymous coward's" spoiler: Ow. I kind of regret she didn't choose to go with a variant/equivalent of the ending used in the book Zeus and Co. by David Lee Jones, which is also about romance between a 20th/21st-century mortal and a goddess. (Note: Zeus and Co. includes a hilarious scene in which the hero gets to see the slogan "God rides a Harley-Davidson" come literally true.)
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Thanks
Usually I wouldn't dream of making an off-topic post, but since you started it Wink
Thanks for the welcome and editing my post. As the for the name, I enjoy the idea of a registered anonymous coward.
Obligatory almost on topic content: In news of AMS/OMG goods, the March 2007 issue of Afternoon magazine announced a PlayStation 2 game featuring the goddesses, released on February 22, 2007.
There was a trivia game released around the time the movie came out, but this one looks like a puzzle game, revolving around why the goddessed lost their powers on a deserted island. The player, as Keiichi, travels through areas of the island based on the past, present and future trying to find their memories and powers.
The website for the game is
http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ps2/megami/