Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I see no reason why that mini-Sakura can't be canon.

I think I have a lot that I need to add to Halloween still.  If this is one of those things to motivate us, consider me on notice.

I keep getting new ideas about other things though.  Most of my residents haven't really done anything that embarrassing in their past -- or they're basically shameless, like Tomo, or unabashedly naïve, like Akari.  Shaoran will get embarrassed about getting embarrassed over Yukito.  Sakura will cover her eyes whenever she uses Big or Power on screen -- so embarrassing to be so unladylike -- but really no big deal, right?  But if Nanami Kiryuu is made aware that the episode "Nanami's Egg" even exists, omygod, like she won't want to leave her room for months.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Yeah - there's embarrassing and then there's embarrassing.

Usagi getting drunk on her first glass of alcoholic punch? Mildly embarrassing. Ami attacking an enemy thinking it was trying to get better test scores than her (and being wrong about that)? Embarrassing. Mikoto psyching herself up to make a probably-useless kamikaze run against Accelerator, until Touma talked her out of it? Very embarrassing. (Especially since it's shown twice.) And, yes, there's evidence of all of these in various episodes.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
A couple thoughts for arrivals that may not be noticed:

- Mork and Mindy popping up in Bolder Colorado
- Riverdale (and the attendant characters (Archie and co, Sabrina) pops up somewhere in the US (Appearantly, the comics have never specified a State for the town's location)
- Coolsville (hometown of Mystery Inc), Or maybe they just pop up on the road while traveling around investigating 'haunted' sites.
(12-15-2018, 09:56 AM)robkelk Wrote: Hmmmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmm...

(12-14-2018, 08:56 PM)In [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, robkelk Wrote: ...
Doesn't everybody want a mini-Azu-nyan? (Much more adorable than a mini-Washuu-chan.)

Speaking of "much more adorable than a mini-Washuu-chan", there's this image.

And now I'm seeing a market for custom-made persocoms who look like their owners. (EDIT: Or, for couples, persocoms who look like the owner's sweetheart.) Has anybody called dibs on Chobits / Angelic Layer yet?

Oh yeah?  How about adorable tiny person with a side order of utterly heart-rending feels?

Also, no one's called dibs on Chobits yet.
(12-15-2018, 11:32 PM)Norgarth Wrote: - Riverdale (and the attendant characters (Archie and co, Sabrina) pops up somewhere in the US (Appearantly, the comics have never specified a State for the town's location)

Well, obviously it's just down the Interstate from Springfield. Wink
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-16-2018, 11:35 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 09:56 AM)robkelk Wrote: Hmmmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmm...

(12-14-2018, 08:56 PM)In [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, robkelk Wrote: ...
Doesn't everybody want a mini-Azu-nyan? (Much more adorable than a mini-Washuu-chan.)

Speaking of "much more adorable than a mini-Washuu-chan", there's this image.

And now I'm seeing a market for custom-made persocoms who look like their owners. (EDIT: Or, for couples, persocoms who look like the owner's sweetheart.) Has anybody called dibs on Chobits / Angelic Layer yet?

Oh yeah?  How about adorable tiny person with a side order of utterly heart-rending feels?

Also, no one's called dibs on Chobits yet.

Dibs!

We'll have them in a separate building, closer to one of the industrial parks so they can work on the angels/persocoms without interference.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-16-2018, 01:22 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 11:35 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Also, no one's called dibs on Chobits yet.

Dibs!

We'll have them in a separate building, closer to one of the industrial parks so they can work on the angels/persocoms without interference.

Wiki page. And I figured out a way to have Tomo be the one to notice them, assuming she comes to Ottawa to skate in January.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I may have equal otaku-power to Tomo, but she has much better powers of observation than me.  Everyone does.  Except maybe Sakaki (poor Kaorin).  I do know how to play it too, considering how much my ex talked about wanting her own persocom.  I normally use her as the inspiration for my Yomi, but y'know, two sides of the same coin.

I haven't been doing all that much writing lately, sorry guys.  I'll try to spend some time on it this week.  Did a little research:  After listening to a Athena's song next to a keyboard for a while (I only have relative pitch, and so I didn't know exactly where her tessatura was), she is a contralto.  Which works out great, as there was a certain SATB song I was planning to use in an action scene (it uh, makes sense in context), and she can cover tenor.  Which frees me up to cover the bass part.  Tomoyo on soprano, and Sakaki on alto (or maybe Sarah Dupont?) .
I was doing a wiki-walk and stumbled across an event on November 17, 2016 that some of the displacees might want to attend.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rob, did you ever decide on a costume for Minako for Halloween? I can't find anything. If you haven't decided, maybe a Layla Hamilton leotard, or a Marilyn Monroe white dress?
(12-24-2018, 05:39 PM)Labster Wrote: Rob, did you ever decide on a costume for Minako for Halloween?  I can't find anything.  If you haven't decided, maybe a Layla Hamilton leotard, or a Marilyn Monroe white dress?

I hadn't decided anything yet. (flips virtual coin, comes up "2") MM's dress it is. EDIT: And it's a good thing Ruiko's esper power is still at Level 0... or is it? (Can she use her Aero Hand to generate a slight gust of wind yet?)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
On Christmas Day, here I am writing a little holiday story... for Halloween.  I finally have a little thing that makes the rest of my story make a little bit more sense.  Basically, I was thinking that some of us take the kids trick-or-treating.  My kids are Sakura, Shaoran, and Tomoyo, and Chiyo; I need Minako, Tomo, Yomi.  I'm guessing Akari will want to go, and then Aika will go, and then Alice will go along even though she's too old for such childish things.  Brent was there, too.

Does anyone else want to go along with the kids?  I think my only request is that Mikoto can't be there -- my scene has a strict one moron limit.  Nor Kuroko, for the same reason.

Quote:Can she use her Aero Hand to generate a slight gust of wind yet?
Don't ask me.  You're the one who would know the answer to this.  (The dress was the better option, anyway.)
(12-26-2018, 05:04 AM)Labster Wrote: On Christmas Day, here I am writing a little holiday story... for Halloween.  I finally have a little thing that makes the rest of my story make a little bit more sense.  Basically, I was thinking that some of us take the kids trick-or-treating.  My kids are Sakura, Shaoran, and Tomoyo, and Chiyo; I need Minako, Tomo, Yomi.  I'm guessing Akari will want to go, and then Aika will go, and then Alice will go along even though she's too old for such childish things.  Brent was there, too.

Does anyone else want to go along with the kids?  I think my only request is that Mikoto can't be there -- my scene has a strict one moron limit.  Nor Kuroko, for the same reason.

Definitely available: Chibi-Usa and Diana would be available to go trick-or-treating. Ami has a gentle way with children; she'd love to go along if only to help supervise. (M'Ami's costume, although I'm pretty sure she doesn't fill out the top that much.) EDIT: And of course Minako can go.

Possibly available: Ruiko might go, or she might stay at Westwoods. Choose her action depending on how many characters you want to write.

Probably not available: With Chibi-Usa out playing, Usagi and Mamoru will have some time to themselves, so they aren't going. Makoto will stay behind and help make snacks for everybody for when they return. (If Sasami goes trick-or-treating, Makoto will take charge of the snack-making.) Rei will practice her song again (going dressed as a Vocaloid means she has to sing sometime). Kazari would stay behind and chat with Tessa if she stays. Mii ... I'm not sure. She'll probably find something to do at Westwoods unless you want her along. (After trick-or-treat, she'll use her x-ray vision to check all the treats for needles and razor blades. She shouldn't find any, but that particular urban legend has a lot of traction.)

Definitely not available: SI-Rob will be showing up late, because somebody has to stay in Ottawa and hand out the treats. While the youngsters are out, Mikoto will be comparing notes with Sosuke (assuming he doesn't go), ending up in challenging him to a fight which he'll accept to try out some anti-esper tactics in a safe environment. Kuroko is far too "rational" to believe in Halloween (and probably showed up in her school uniform). And the Misaka clones are still hiding in Washuu's lab, so they won't be there either. (Last Order will be so jealous that she missed it.)

(12-26-2018, 05:04 AM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:Can she use her Aero Hand to generate a slight gust of wind yet?
Don't ask me.  You're the one who would know the answer to this.  (The dress was the better option, anyway.)

I'm just thinking out loud there... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Osaka asked, "Hey, you can use The Big on breasts, can't'cha?"

I was thinking Ruiko and Sasami would be good, as would Ami. Are they really age 12? Kuroko's hormones seem a little strong for that age o_O. Also who the fuck lets 12 year olds be in a police force? Every time I look at Academy City it seems like one bad decision after another.

Looks like I got a group to be fashionably late to the party, though.
(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: Osaka asked, "Hey, you can use The Big on breasts, can't'cha?"

Rob had the bad luck to have been drinking when she said that. After he recovered from his spit-take, he looked around - luckily for him, it seemed like Kuroko and Usagi were nowhere nearby.

(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: I was thinking Ruiko and Sasami would be good, as would Ami.  Are they really age 12?  Kuroko's hormones seem a little strong for that age o_O.  Also who the fuck lets 12 year olds be in a police force?  Every time I look at Academy City it seems like one bad decision after another.

They were in the first year of junior high (except that Mikoto's one year ahead of them and Mii's in senior high), so "12" is the most reasonable guess.

And, yes, Academy City is not what I would call well-run. I think we have a trope for it... ah, yes, here it is.

(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: Looks like I got a group to be fashionably late to the party, though.

Well, your group is coming from California. (My SI's excuse for showing up late is that somebody had to hand out candy.)

Oh, yes: since I was beginning to lose track, I started a list of who's wearing what to the Halloween party. Feel free to add to it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-26-2018, 07:52 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: Osaka asked, "Hey, you can use The Big on breasts, can't'cha?"

Rob had the bad luck to have been drinking when she said that. After he recovered from his spit-take, he looked around - luckily for him, it seemed like Kuroko and Usagi were nowhere nearby.
Or Ranma, lol.

(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: I was thinking Ruiko and Sasami would be good, as would Ami.  Are they really age 12?  Kuroko's hormones seem a little strong for that age o_O.  Also who the fuck lets 12 year olds be in a police force?  Every time I look at Academy City it seems like one bad decision after another.

They were in the first year of junior high (except that Mikoto's one year ahead of them and Mii's in senior high), so "12" is the most reasonable guess.

And, yes, Academy City is not what I would call well-run. I think we have a trope for it... ah, yes, here it is.
You're mistaking my intellectual outrage for moral outrage, though.  It's not that the world is terrible even if it is, it's that granting the right to use force to hormone-riddled teenagers against their peers sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Like, I would be surprised if the place doesn't blow up every week.  Most societies have decided that they can't handle the right to vote, but somehow violence is okay?  Like, what?

(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: Looks like I got a group to be fashionably late to the party, though.

Well, your group is coming from California. (My SI's excuse for showing up late is that somebody had to hand out candy.)

Oh, yes: since I was beginning to lose track, I started a list of who's wearing what to the Halloween party. Feel free to add to it.
I seem to notice that you've lent me all the characters for which you didn't choose a costume.

Chibi-Usa would make a pretty good Chiyo-chan, but the irony is that none of my cast actually has a copy of their school uniforms with them.  (Possibly Tomoyo has one of Sakura's in the limo, for reference, and definitely not for embracing or smelling or anything like that >.>  But I doubt it.)

The Aria Company's costumes all sort of fell into place, once I started with Alicia.  Tomo, Yomi, and President Aria's costumes are all plot relevant and locked-in, but the others can still take suggestions.
(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote: You're mistaking my intellectual outrage for moral outrage, though.  It's not that the world is terrible even if it is, it's that granting the right to use force to hormone-riddled teenagers against their peers sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Like, I would be surprised if the place doesn't blow up every week.  Most societies have decided that they can't handle the right to vote, but somehow violence is okay?  Like, what?

It's a Japan-ism.

Let me explain.

You ever notice how big of a deal the Student Council is? That's because it is a big deal. Almost more so than the faculty, the students are supposed to literally govern themselves. And this includes policing their own. Sure, teachers will crack down on a student who's dozing off in class or goofing off. But when the teacher is not around? Let's just say the Disciplinary Committee is a thing for a reason.

And in a city chock full of hormone-addled kids with legit superpowers? I haven't seen any of the Railgun series, so I'm only spitballing here, but I'd guess that they needed an esper among the student body for, if nothing else, a rapid response to keep things covered until help can get there.

Also, Japanese police are, by and large, unarmed. I don't even recall seeing batons on the officers that staffed the police boxes when I was over there. If the police ever needed an armed response, which is incredibly rare over there, they had officers specially trained for it. Espers would be an outside context problem for Japanese police to deal with, because anything more dangerous than a pocket knife is forbidden out in public. Ruiko is comfortable to them because yes, she is an esper, but she's very low powered, and therefore presents a more non-threatening image that they prefer.
(12-26-2018, 07:52 PM)robkelk Wrote: Oh, yes: since I was beginning to lose track, I started a list of who's wearing what to the Halloween party. Feel free to add to it.

Quote:
  • Kerberos: __
Winnie the Pooh.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote:

You're mistaking my intellectual outrage for moral outrage, though.  It's not that the world is terrible even if it is, it's that granting the right to use force to hormone-riddled teenagers against their peers sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Like, I would be surprised if the place doesn't blow up every week.  Most societies have decided that they can't handle the right to vote, but somehow violence is okay?  Like, what?
Oh, it gets worse. The city-wide sports festival, for example: schools with large numbers of espers are allowed to field small teams, schools with no espers are encouraged to field large teams, and the teams are sent up against each other.

The espers are, oh so quietly, being taught to use their powers on and against normal people - either one-on-one or few-on-many. Aleister is subtly turning them into child soldiers, all for the defense of Academy City.

And the Level 5 espers aren't ranked by raw power; they're ranked by how useful they are to Academy City.

Has your intellectual outrage turned into moral outrage yet?

(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 07:52 PM)robkelk Wrote: Oh, yes: since I was beginning to lose track, I started a list of who's wearing what to the Halloween party. Feel free to add to it.
I seem to notice that you've lent me all the characters for which you didn't choose a costume.
More "haven't yet chosen a costume", actually. I'm working on it. I've already added to the list.

(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote: Chibi-Usa would make a pretty good Chiyo-chan, but the irony is that none of my cast actually has a copy of their school uniforms with them. (Possibly Tomoyo has one of Sakura's in the limo, for reference, and definitely not for embracing or smelling or anything like that >.> But I doubt it.)

The Aria Company's costumes all sort of fell into place, once I started with Alicia. Tomo, Yomi, and President Aria's costumes are all plot relevant and locked-in, but the others can still take suggestions.

I was thinking of a particular classic character for Chibi-Usa, but I've realized that Sakura would be able to pull her off even more convincingly (because she has The Fly): Kiki, from Kiki's Delivery Service. (Also, Sakura would be so cute with a bow in her hair.) And Kerberos can be Jiji.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Too cliched... but too adorable... gotta catch 'em all for Halloween? (At least, Misaka Misaka.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
On my ideas booklet.

Soong Electrical

Or Data working as an electrician to pay his way. Since he has no recognised academic qualifications and participation in research activities might foul the timeline - but he does have engineering skills and fixing starship skills.

He then runs into Ireland. And it's utter mindboggling tendancy ot be just a little bit shit

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(12-27-2018, 01:12 PM)robkelk Wrote: Too cliched... but too adorable... gotta catch 'em all for Halloween? (At least, Misaka Misaka.)

Snrk. Cute.  And apropos: Last Order is a Pichu and Misaka Worst is a Raichu.

Oddball question: Should Misaka Worst show up with Academy City?  I can't help imagining her using Ben and his *er-hrm* followers as her new favorite targets for teasing.  I gathered from the wikipedia article that she can be a huge troll, but I could be wrong?  (Ben would also have a bit of a soft spot for her because holy HELL, she almost rivals Accelerator for the most crapsack existence.)

Also, there are a ready supply of costumes like those.  If they don't have them already, Ben will be buying the Misaka sisters (Mikoto, too) those pikachu pajamas.  (Besides, they might want them for more practical reasons as well once the cold up yonder REALLY sets in.)
(12-27-2018, 06:16 PM)Dartz Wrote: On my ideas booklet.

Soong Electrical

Or Data working as an electrician to pay his way. Since he has no recognised academic qualifications and participation in research activities might foul the timeline - but he does have engineering skills and fixing starship skills.

He then runs into Ireland. And it's utter mindboggling tendancy ot be just a little bit shit

He'd probably find it a fascinating thing to investigate shitty wiring jobs.  Chaos at its finest, ya know?
(12-27-2018, 08:52 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 01:12 PM)robkelk Wrote: Too cliched... but too adorable... gotta catch 'em all for Halloween? (At least, Misaka Misaka.)

Snrk. Cute.  And apropos: Last Order is a Pichu and Misaka Worst is a Raichu.

Oddball question: Should Misaka Worst show up with Academy City?  I can't help imagining her using Ben and his *er-hrm* followers as her new favorite targets for teasing.  I gathered from the wikipedia article that she can be a huge troll, but I could be wrong?  (Ben would also have a bit of a soft spot for her because holy HELL, she almost rivals Accelerator for the most crapsack existence.)

I've already identified Misaka Worst as "The most likely unplanned-for obstacle" during The Academy City Job, so...

(With Rajvik no longer writing here, that's now a story that needs a writer. But that can wait until we get to Arc 2.)

It's my understanding that Misaka Worst got a partial emotion package during her cloning process - but just the negative ones. So, yeah, a lot like Accelerator and needing the same redemption arc. I'm sure Sasami, Nanoha, and especially Fate would like to help both of them become better people.

At this rate, we're going to need a permanent portal between Blossom and Westwoods to handle all the traffic.

(12-27-2018, 08:52 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Also, there are a ready supply of costumes like those.  If they don't have them already, Ben will be buying the Misaka sisters (Mikoto, too) those pikachu pajamas.  (Besides, they might want them for more practical reasons as well once the cold up yonder REALLY sets in.)

Yeah - there are nights in Ottawa when even Kazari would wear pyjamas to bed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-27-2018, 06:16 PM)Dartz Wrote: On my ideas booklet.

Soong Electrical

Let me guess: you aren't allowed to install new electrical work without a license, and you can't get a license without taking a college course. (Yes, that's how it works in Canada.) So he's flying under the radar, so to speak...?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown