Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An annoying replacement
An annoying replacement
Just discovered that the forum software replaces open-parenthesis c close-parenthesis with a copyright symbol, even if you have "Disable Smilies" checked. This makes inline lists (like so: (a), (b), (c), (d), and (e) ) a bit difficult to write.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: An annoying replacement
Grrr. Let me see if there's a fix for that when I get home tonight. That's annoying.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
That notation looks very strange to me anyway - I only remember seeing lists done with the trailing parenthesis (ie. a), b.), C), 4) etc.) to begin with. That's not to say it shouldn't be possible if that's your preferred style, of course.
The notation you're thinking of is good when the letters serve as bullets in a bulleted ordered list. I'm looking at an in-line list.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Bob, did you ever find a fix for this? It's still happening.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
No, I never did. I'll have to look again (tomorrow night, as I'm about to crash right now) and see if anything's been developed in the last six months.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Okay, it should no longer happen.  However, if you get as far as "r" someday, it will still replace it with "(r)".
-- Bob

Thanks, Bob.

I'll try my best to avoid really long lists.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, no, I meant that if you need to go that far, I'll just go and make the same change to the code that does the "r" replace. I decided that for the moment a lighter touch was best.
-- Bob

No worries.

If I get that list-happy, I should expect a Season Fairy to pop up and ask for a waffo.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown