Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, just admit your politicians are evil
Look, just admit your politicians are evil
Youths sue US government over climate change, government argues they have no legal right to decent environment.

"By contrast, the US Department of Justice argues that “there is no right to ‘a climate system capable of sustaining human life’”

Just... fuck right off. 80s cartoon villains are better human beings than you assnuggets.
RE: Look, just admit your politicians are evil
(11-12-2018, 12:11 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Youths sue US government over climate change, government argues they have no legal right to decent environment.

"By contrast, the US Department of Justice argues that “there is no right to ‘a climate system capable of sustaining human life’”

Just... fuck right off. 80s cartoon villains are better human beings than you assnuggets.

The US Declaration of Independence notes that on of the inalienable rights is Life.

Ehm, US Department of Justice? You may want to look at one of your nation's defining documents.
Ain't no one gettin' paid for that. Sure, maybe it'll be a problem later, but we'll all be dead by then, right?

Right.

jackiechanwtf.gif
--
‎noli esse culus
Oh, a good portion of us know they're evil. Unfortunately, we have to fight against the idiots, fools, and willfully ignorant morons that elected them all, thinking that by voting for them that their lives would magically get better.
No, they aren't evil. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

As for the effects of climate change, look at Puerto Rico, or southern California, or Alaska, and tell me how we haven't already reached "later".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.
(11-12-2018, 10:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: No, they aren't evil. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

As for the effects of climate change, look at Puerto Rico, or southern California, or Alaska, and tell me how we haven't already reached "later".

Do not make the mistake of attributing to stupidity when malice or the depraved, reckless disregard of consequences to others to the benefit of one's self are perfectly adequate.

IANAL etc., but make no mistake, 'I acted without consideration of how this would impact others' is not a valid legal defense in the US, and 'I acted without knowledge of the likely consequences' is a defense only when your ignorance is reasonable. Any sensible government has a massive infrastructure that's telling it what is going on and what are the likely results of any given action, so it doesn't get that defense either no matter how much the politicians in charge want to.
(11-12-2018, 10:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: As for the effects of climate change, look at Puerto Rico, or southern California, or Alaska, and tell me how we haven't already reached "later".

They aren't Washington DC or NYC or LA, or you know, places where important people live. Dodgy
--
‎noli esse culus
or Texas
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(11-12-2018, 11:44 AM)hazard Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: No, they aren't evil. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Do not make the mistake of attributing to stupidity when malice or the depraved, reckless disregard of consequences to others to the benefit of one's self are perfectly adequate.

The disregard of consequences to others to the benefit of one's self IS stupidity, of the highest order.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Guys, guys, can't we compromise on extreme malice and stupidity?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(11-12-2018, 02:38 PM)robkelk Wrote: The disregard of consequences to others to the benefit of one's self IS stupidity, of the highest order.

Nope, legally that's closer to depravity. It's stupidity when you fuck yourself over with things you should've realized.
Can we put the goalposts back, please? You keep saying that stupid things have different names...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(11-12-2018, 11:22 AM)Epsilon Wrote: Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.

I came to that conclusion a while back.
(11-12-2018, 01:11 PM)classicdrogn Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: As for the effects of climate change, look at Puerto Rico, or southern California, or Alaska, and tell me how we haven't already reached "later".

They aren't Washington DC or NYC or LA, or you know, places where important people live. Dodgy

Last time I looked, LA was in SoCal. And I believe that Hurricane Sandy demonstrated that NYC is being affected.
Quote:Look, just admit your politicians are evil

Redundancy.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(11-15-2018, 09:12 AM)ECSNorway Wrote:
Quote:Look, just admit your politicians are evil

Redundancy.

No it's not.

And if you truly believe this to be redundant you will never get a politician that's not evil. You'll just be picking your poison instead of looking for politicians with higher standards and enforcing them.
Agreed. The lesser of two evils is still evil - it's long past time people started choosing good instead of settling for less.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
But there is not good choice anymore.

The modern world is based upon th maximum e level of misery people are willing to accept, rather than the minimum level of happinness they're willing to demand.,

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Was it ever really anything else? It's just that standards for what is acceptable change over time.
--
‎noli esse culus
Nah, it's always been that way. People judge their own happiness based off their success compared to their neighbors. Equality has always been the measure by which people determine what they can accept in life.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto