Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little snippet, to prove I am still working on things...
A little snippet, to prove I am still working on things...
"Power is a terrible thing, teishi.  It can turn the weak into
bullies and an innocent into a tyrant if it is not understood and
used sparingly.  There is a responsibility that must be 
acknowledged by those who gain power on the scale you and I 
possess -- a responsibility to know when and when *not* to use our
power -- and *how*.  Always be wary of using *too much*, because 
there is always a way to solve any problem that is simple and 
easy and massive overkill, and which will have so many unexpected
side effects that they will swamp out any good you intended to 
do.  In anything but the defeat of your enemies, always use the
lightest touch and the least power necessary, because there is a
great difference between a drinking fountain and a fire hose.

"And yes, I know I am a hypocrite where this is concerned.  But
for many uses of my own power, I have no chance to be subtle or
learn subtlety."
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: A little snippet, to prove I am still working on things...
Good advice, and your sig line fits remarkably well. A line from one of dogbercarrol's recent bits could also fit in there, to make the message more palatable: not to worry about making mistakes as much as fixing them, because everyone does the first and keeping to the minimal effective changes will make the the second easier to manage when it happens. (I'm paraphrasing, of course, and the language would need to be adjusted to fit Doug and presumably Usagi anyway.)
--
‎noli esse culus
If she remembers, this may nip the whole Black Moon Clan business in the bud. Wise Man will still be a problem, but maybe now a more manageable one.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(11-28-2018, 01:03 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: If she remembers, this may nip the whole Black Moon Clan business in the bud. Wise Man will still be a problem, but maybe now a more manageable one.

What are the odds that Bob's going to be an iconoclast when it comes to the Stations of the Canon? Big Grin
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
"That's a hell of a hit on the port side. It's a good thing the crew wasn't manning the artillery -- even if it was their duty."

"Well, you see, dear Douglas," Captain Sparrow prevaricated, "the stations of the cannon are more what you'd call "guidelines", really."
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Heh.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....