Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Dead Links in the Concordance
Two Dead Links in the Concordance
As the title says.  I'm getting "This site can't be reached ... server IP address could not be found" when I click on the links in this entry:

Quote:12-jo 1K
Standard Japanese real estate notation for an apartment with a separate kitchen(ette) and bedroom/sitting room, measuring about 200 square feet (or about 18.5 square meters, for my readers who don't use Imperial). "Jo" is an unit of measurement equal to one tatami mat. (And in Tokyo the standard mat is of course just a bit smaller than the one used elsewhere, because rents are based on the number of jo.)

In New York City this would be called a "studio apartment". If you're curious about how Japanese apartments are arranged and how they differ from American (or European) apartments, check out this page and this one.

I don't know if any other links have gone dead; I only checked these.  

(I wanted to look at them because I was watching Hyouka the other day, and there's a scene in a room, estimated by the narrator as 15 square meters, of Chitanda's Big Fancy House.  I wanted to see again what ordinary Japanese fit into an area only a little larger than that almost-completely empty reception room.) 

-----
Up, lad, up!  We've villages to pillage, maidens to slay, and dragons to rescue!
RE: Two Dead Links in the Concordance
The Wayback Machine has the text of both pages, but not the images.

Bare links, in the same order:

http://web.archive.org/web/2018021421542...tment.html

http://web.archive.org/web/2018021422533...tment.html
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Two Dead Links in the Concordance
I hate it when sites vanish only a year after I link to them... When I get a chance I'll either replace the links with the Wayback Machine links, or find new ones.

Thanks for the heads-up.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....