Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted
A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted
GoFundMe For Border Wall Passes $4 Million, 0.4 Percent Of $1 Billion Goal

Some entrepreneurial soul has decided to help some people lighten their wallets and set up a Go-Fund-Me campaign for the White House's resident dumbbell border wall.

How is this supposed to work? Who knows.

I mean, you can give the money to the Treasury, but the Power of the Purse resides with the House (which will turn majority Democrat in a couple of weeks) who decides who gets what money, and I don't see how they expect to compel them to allocate that money to the wall.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted
The Wall will be no more effective than the existice fence. Or the Rio Grande.

From that perspective - if it is ludicrously ineffective - it does make an effective foily to provide 'work' in lireu of welfare. But, historically, that shit is callously close to an actual historical occurance here where people were worked to death for meagre pay rather than just being fed for a fucking year.... because someone disliked the idea of fucking with a free market.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.