Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit or Breaksit?
RE: Brexit or Breaksit?
Hoped Rajvik. Hoped, not thought.

Alas.
-Now available with copious trivia!
considering the EU basically said, "You wanted it, you got it, now figure out how you're going to go about it" i doubt there was ever a chance of just going back
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

With the referendum so tight - there was always a chance. That was half the problem. Nobody knew what they'd do, whether they'd crash out, call it off or just sort of unfuck the dog and do it right.

Now that there's at least a level of certainty - if not sanity - now things can back to proceeding as usual

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Worse, the EU member nations have been quietly preparing for Brexit.

Well, except one.

You know, the guys who actually want to leave.
UK complains about not having a say in EU policy after it leaves.

Yes. That's what it means to leave. Morons

Go on. Go. Don't let that fucking door hit you on the way out.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

Ah, yes - I remember Sovereignty-Association.

That's what the separatists "sovereignists" in Quebec wanted in the late-1970s and what they asked for a mandate to negotiate with Canada in the 1980 referendum. The federalists called it a full divorce with continued bedroom privileges. Needless to say, it didn't fly.

The thing is, the UK has already asked for an even more thorough split than that from the EU...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And so, the British MEP's have left the European Parliament for the final time.

Still, I did find the EU's statement here

The actual exchange is here:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1222573643336687622

What a bunch of immature children.
shrugs, Pardon me while i find that humorous,
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Oh, it's definitely humourous.  It's just that Nigel doesn't realize that the joke's on him.

Now the main question is whether Scotland will be welcomed into the EU if they repeal the Act of Union.  Well... https://twitter.com/AlynSmith/status/122...0439067651  Question answered.

And outside Scotland's Parliament, they voted to keep the EU flag flying.

But hey, at least the UK will get their blue-coloured passports back tomorrow!  That's something, right?  I mean, who liked the red ones anyway?  Take back the glory days of the past with a Tory-blue passport!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I for one welcome the republic of Scotland to the bortherhood of nations.

They ran such a good referendum the last time.

Anway, England has made its bed, and is dragging Scotland and Northern Ireland to it.

I'd complain that that sounds rather rapey, but then the Brexiteers do seem to think the Empire never faded and they have the right and power to dictate terms and everyone else just has to suck it up.
--
‎noli esse culus
There is something fairly rapey about Empire in general.

While the EU's more of a consensual clusterfuck

Well yes, that was the point.
--
‎noli esse culus
And that's that.

Keyed up Ode to Joy on the pub jukebox. It went down well.

Anyway, what's the difference between Jimmy Saville and Brexit?

One fucked the youth of Britain with the complicity of the establishment. The other was also a BBC presenter.

From the Scandinavian point of view.

[Image: cutting-ties.png]
And from the English.

[Image: 7603_31.01.20_web_ML.jpg]
With mass infection now routine and people generally sick of hearing about Covid, HMS Brexitanic floats into view once more.

So far this week we have reports of the UK government planning to just go 'Yeah fuck that' to binding agreements they made with the EU.

The EU basically going 'well fuck you' and threatening to walk away from the table and let them do the economic equivelant of Danny Deever's dance in the noose of their own hubris.

And they are, of course Admitting they'll have to break international law, but it's only a small break. It's one thing of course to reconsider your obligations as circumstances change - and quite another to agree to certain things and then immediately decide tear it up.

Ireland will, of course, send a strongly worded letter.

Oh, and apparently, October is the deadline now. Those idiots are super-serious now. They'll totally walk away with a no deal....

At least the virus had rules to follow.

And so the omnishambles shambles on... Only a little break? Is that like only a little pregnant?
--
‎noli esse culus
(09-08-2020, 02:59 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: And so the omnishambles shambles on... Only a little break? Is that like only a little pregnant?

Pretty much.

And the reason October is the deadline is because it just takes a few months to address an extension or exit treaty on the political and bureaucratic levels. Without that time, why bother even considering an extension, or an exit treaty?
Well, Canada has one less thing to worry about: Canada, U.K. strike transitional post-Brexit trade deal.

No need for us to change our tariffs - the terms are exactly the same as what the EU gets and gives. At least for now.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And they're gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zWkLp33OM

Expect them to get back in 20 years or so, impoverished, desperate, and no less demanding and arrogant.
Speaking for all Americans, I can say that we would welcome Airstrip One as the next state in these United States.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(01-01-2021, 07:08 PM)Labster Wrote: Speaking for all Americans, I can say that we would welcome Airstrip One as the next state in these United States.

Within twenty years, the British Insular Oblast will be chock-full of Russian Imperial military bases.  Especially the missile bases that "persuade" Western Europe to abolish NATO and become Russia's tributary states ... not to mention the missiles in Ireland keeping Canada from interfering. 

Farage of the B.U.F. has served Nachalnik Putin very well indeed.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."