Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search rate
Search rate
Is there a way you can set the allowed search rate to something higher than ⅟₃₀ Hz for logged-in users?  Sometimes I'm trying to find something in a thread and don't know the exact text of what I'm looking for, and then I keep refreshing the search page until it actually does the search.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: Search rate
I'll look into it. I don't recall seeing such a setting, but like I've said before, the MyBB admin controls are like that scene in Airplane! where the plane's dashboard just goes on for miles.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And sure enough it was there. I'm loathe to disable that completely, but I've set the "flood time" to 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds now. If that's still too long, let me know.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It took me a few days to do a more complex search, but yes, this is far less annoying. Thanks!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
You're welcome.
-- Bob