Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request
Feature Request
Any chance we can get a method of embedding tweets from Twitter?  I just dumped several in a post over in Politics and it would have been much nicer to be able to embed them instead.

If you can't due to some technical or security issue, I'll understand.
RE: Feature Request
I don't know if such a thing exists yet. I'm in the middle of extended holiday stuff with my wife's family for the next couple days, but when I get a chance I'll check out the MyBB plugins site and see if anyone has written one.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Went ahead and did the footwork for you, Bob.  Apparently, this is a simple MyCode script you can add in.

Here's the replacement script:

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet">
<a href="$1%"></a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">
</script>

Added linebreaks are mine to keep the code visible in the box.

Here's the example of how it is used on the boards:

Code:
[twitter]https://twitter.com/TheRealStanLee/status/1062753151638372352[/twitter]

Source: https://community.mybb.com/thread-210920...pid1319140
Okay, I've set this up.  Let's give it a test.

And that doesn't seem to do anything.  It may be because I'm doing this from work on my lunch hour, and Twitter is intermittently blocked here.  I'll have to check again when I get home.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Appears to work fine for me - imbedded tweet w/video came up here (Firefox w/a couple of adblocker extensions)

RMH
Well, that's good to hear.
-- Bob

As expected, I only get an empty box. This happens a lot when scripts and cross-site requests are blocked by default of course, but I have never yet found the combination of things to turn on to actually see an embedded Twit, anywhere.
--
‎noli esse culus
Disabling Firefox's tracking protection seems to have fixed it for me. uBlock still running in front now has something to do.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
The copy of Privacy Badger installed in my copy of Firefox is now blocking cookies from platform.twitter.com and syndication.twitter.com on this page, but I can see the tweet just fine.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I just whitelist websites like Twitter and the content delivery networks they rely on in Script Safe. uBlock Origin hardly bats an eye as it then only let's the content I want through. So that tweet looks just fine to me.

I'll put it to the test by properly embedding those tweets in my post back in Politics - that should give us a good shakedown for this feature.
I guess I should add, as unnecessary as it is by now, that it appears to work just fine from home for me. It's just work that blocks Twitter.
-- Bob