Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cursed Thread of 2019
RE: The Cursed Thread of 2019
George Mendonsa, the man with the best claim to being the sailor in the famous "sailor kissing nurse" photo from the end of World War 2, has died at age 95.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Prof. Wallace Smith Broecker

RIP Karl Lagerfeld, chief fashion designer at Chanel
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RIP Peter Cosgrove

You might not recognize his name, but you've seen his photos.

[Image: aptopix-space-shuttle.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Peter Tork of the Monkees
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Mark Hollis, frontman of the 1980s new wave band "Talk Talk". He died earlier this month.

RIP André Previn. He died yesterday.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Katherine Helmond of both Soap and Who's the Boss? has passed away:  https://globalnews.ca/news/5013155/kathe...boss-mona/
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Actor Luke Perry dead after massive stroke: https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/04/luke-perr...riverdale/
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Wow! He was my age when he left us. That certainly is a warning about one's mortality, isn't it?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
RIP Keith Flint, of the Prodigy
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Former WWE wrestler King Kong Bundy
RIP Jerry Merryman, co-inventor of the pocket calculator.

He passed away on February 27.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Goodbye Jan-Michael Vincent pilot of Airwolf
(Reported today, actually Feb 10)
Hal Blaine, drummer from the famous "Wrecking Crew" team of studio musicians
-- Bob

(03-12-2019, 11:46 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Hal Blaine, drummer from the famous "Wrecking Crew" team of studio musicians

For folks who don't recognize his name: 'The greatest drummer ever': from Elvis to the Beach Boys, 17 of Hal Blaine's most unforgettable hits
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Dick Dale, king of Surf Rock, has died.
-- Bob

Scott Walker, singer-songwriter and record producer, who performed from teen pop to avant-garde music in his career, died on March 22.
Agnès Varda, French film director, a major figure in French New Wave cinema, died yesterday.
Stephen Fitzpatrick and Audun Laading, the two members of Liverpool indie band Her's, and their tour manager Trevor Engelbrektson died in a car crash on March 27.
RIP Nipsey Hussle, rapper and philanthropist.

Shot outside Marathon Clothing (his clothing store) - one of three shooting victims, but the other two are expected to survive.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Col. David Hart, Canada's longest-serving officer, at age 101.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Vonda McIntyre, SF author, age 70.
-- Bob

RIP Dr. Wilbert Keon, first doctor to carry out an artificial heart transplant in Canada and founder of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
https://www.tor.com/2019/04/15/gene-wolf...1931-2019/

Gene Wolfe. I've never enjoyed his work, but he was still a towering figure.
Georgia Engel -- who played the archetypal ditz Georgette on The Mary Tyler Moore Show -- had died at age 70.
-- Bob

Ticker is showing that she was also on Everybody Loves Raymond, was this Raymond's mother?
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd