Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[I/OOC] Incidental Bits
RE: [I/OOC] Incidental Bits
OOC: This is a shaggy-dog worthy of Callahan's - you have been warned.

Hokago Tea Time visits Montreal, and Ms. Tainaka spills a bite of her lunch on her top. French fries, gravy, and cheese curds - that's going to leave a stain. And it's a brand-new, very stylish top, no less. Then Yui starts humming a particular Irving Berlin song, because it's...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
<rimshot> to end all <rimshots>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Arc 2, during the archaeological excavation of the capital of the Silver Millennium

Ami reached over Yuuno's shoulder and took the device from the skeleton's hand.

"Hey! You can't just take something from a dig!"

"Why not? It's mine."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-22-2021, 02:38 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 08:30 PM)robkelk Wrote: OOC

Who was it who told me about Project Binky? Oh, yes - somebody who goes by "Looney Toons" on All The Tropes. Smile

(It's a 36-episode series, and the episodes get longer as the series goes along, so set aside 18 hours or so if you're going to marathon the series. As of this posting, I've made it through episode 9.)

The tl;dr: Two chaps are putting a Celica engine and drivetrain in a Mini shell. Yes, it is as crazy an idea as it sounds.

Why mention it here? Well, if I recall correctly, Sora Hasegawa drives a Mini or something else the same size... She doesn't have to be making an overpowered street machine in disguise, but she could be restoring a stock Mini. Until she discusses the project with the gearheads at Westwoods, of course -- then the "overpowered street machine in disguise" starts taking shape. A project this size, even with Washuu-chan rapid-prototyping the structural parts instead of Sora making them out of sheet steel, would explain what she's been doing in her free time while the rest of the characters are having adventures.

Thoughts?

OOC:
Ben wouldn't mind.  One of the things he'll be doing is converting some of the carports into full-fledged shop spaces.

Once San Antonio lifts off at the end of Season 1, motorsports will become a big deal in the city as those big, mostly empty expressways with their high-speed interchanges will beckon in a most alluring manner.  And Ben will move into an actual shop, of which several dot the frontage road near the apartment complex.

There used to be a Formula 1 event here, but not ever since they changed the main streets in the downtown area to cobblestones.  My character would try to do something bring that back, though.

We still have a drag strip, though.  The Alamo City Motorplex is small, but it is an International Hot Rod Association member facility.  There is also the Alamodome, which is more than capable of hosting, and has hosted in the past, monster truck rallies, tractor pulls, and motocross events.

The things I do for consistency... Just double-checked and confirmed there were only 13 episodes of Project Binky at the time Sora &co. arrived in the Metacontinuity.

(As of this posting, there's 37 episodes, the most recent of which was released last December. So we might be close to seeing another Any Week Now.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This one's from so far out in left field that it's on the other side of the fence and halfway down the road - heck, neither of the characters are even in the Metacontinuity yet - but maybe somebody can do something with it.

"Humans! Listen well! I hereby claim this ... circus tent ... to serve as a base for the subjugation of mankind, de geso!"

"That is not the way to audition for a part here, young lady."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I have a squiddy good idea where I can put that inkcredible idea.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Ah, the feeling one gets when one is able to help this way... it truly is ex-squid-site.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just another day at Blossom, with the Senshi ... well, Minako, Makoto, and Usagi ... gossiping about boys...

"Will the three of you listen to yourselves?" Rei finally complained. "Boys, boys, boys, nothing but boys! Haven't you ever heard of the Bechdel Test?"

"Do we look like fictional characters?" Minako shot back.

"Up until last September," Ami interrupted, "we were fictional characters. At least we were here."

"I still think I'm a real person," Usagi muttered.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Only vaguely related to the above...

"It's not proper to burden somebody else with my personal problems."

"Ms. Matou," Harold Shea replied, "It's my job to be burdened with with other people's personal problems, and to help them solve those problems. Would you be kind enough to help me do my job?"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
OOC

Sachi Hayashi has a complex about her height, and really wants to be shorter than she is. Imagine her surprise when she discovers she has to look up to talk with Sakaki-san (who has the same complex) and Makoto Kino (who doesn't... and probably has a growth spurt to look forward to) - each of whom are 2" taller than Sachi. And Setsuna Meioh is 5" taller than Sachi.

Say... Brent, if you're still looking for people to try the Change card, Sakaki-san and Chiyo-chan would probably love to trade heights for a day or two.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Something that could be used in some random bit after 2016...

Ruiko grinned. "'Do we have time?' That's a funny thing, time. I still remember the day I met Rob-oji; for me, it started on October 1 and ended on September 9. And then there was the December 21 that was 31 hours long for Rob-oji and Hyoga-nee, but 24 hours long for you and me. Considering how flexible time is, I say, we can make time!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just messing around here...

Ben: Magic, super science, extraterrestrials, or even anything vaguely non-human (or even transhuman) can trigger a very unpleasant response in some groups of people.

Washuu-chan: What's the difference between "super science" and every other science?

Tomo: The cape.

Minako: No capes!!!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It had quickly become apparent to Meg that no human would be capable of keeping up with the pace set by the app, for the hours required to achieve the highest payout rates. Someone would need to be some form of human-shaped machine to make any amount of money...

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
As much as the residents of Henrietta Street kept themselves to themselves - at least among the other displacees - sending photos of herself to the group chat in the latest iteration of 'something more comfortable' never failed to bring a satisfied sense of amusement.

---

Honestly - because it's a form of interaction that forces people to engage - like trolling.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(10-19-2018, 06:18 PM)In Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge., Bob Schroeck Wrote: When Sawako Yamanaka gets the chance to revive her old band Death Devil, she needs someone to take over her classes and the advisorship for the Light Music Club. Fortunately, a friend of a friend from America is in Japan and is willing to take on the position -- a fellow by the name of Dewey Finn.

K-On!/School of Rock -- where Light Music meets Heavy Metal.

Or, in TNB, he takes over when she goes on honeymoon... assuming her relationship with Mark Thackeray goes anywhere serious, of course.

EDIT: And that's 300 posts. Replies in a new thread, please.

RE-EDIT: Some posts have been moved elsewhere - as requested by the person whose plots they apply to, the destination will remain anonymous.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown