Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][Arc 3] Planning for Season 3
[OOC][PLOT][Arc 3] Planning for Season 3
Here we go.  Plot planning thread for Season 3 stuff.  Not that I think it will get a lot of use right now, buu~uuuut...

Remember the thing with Ben making a deal with Hild to resurrect Alicia?

I think I got the perfect payment for services rendered...

Quote:"Lady Hild, I wish to parley."

Suddenly, the white-haired mistress of Hell itself appeared, wearing an expression that spoke volumes.

"Benjamin.  Not that I'm unhappy to speak with you, but at this moment?  I hope for your sake that this is worth my time."

"It is, My Lady.  I wish to negotiate the IOU for Alicia's resurrection."

Hild blinked as her expression immediately perked up.  "Oh?  Do tell~."

"Salem."

"Yes.  She is at large.  What about her?"

"You know that immortality thing she has going for her?  I can break that."

Hild blinked slowly at that.  "Are you so certain?"

"Why shouldn't it work?  My entire repertoire revolves around breaking magical shit and then fucking up the soft and chewy bits that were underneath it."

"Yes, that is indeed your repertoire, but are you forgetting that this working is on the same level as myself or the Almighty?  And if you are somehow that powerful, how do I know that you're not going to turn it against us?"

"Pull the other one, it has bells on it.  My Lady, you know that I have a great deal of respect for you.  It's why I've remained in your employ.  It's why that if I have to default on my wish, then I would rather serve you directly than anyone else in hell with the possible exception of Lord Phantomhive.  This wish of mine is the only thing I've ever done that deserves damnation, and even then it was for a very altruistic purpose.  Not for material gains or power.  Only so that someone that never deserved to die can have another shot at life.  So that Faith could actually have something from her past that makes her happy and heal her heart.

"That doesn't deserve damnation."

Hild sighed, but not out of exasperation.  Insead, it was the sigh of a person caught in a very difficult position and they knew they'd be catching flack either way.

"Alright, Benjamin.  If you can terminate her corporeal existence, then I will accept that as payment in full.  However, if you die before you can manage that, then I get your soul.

"And yes, before you say anything else, you will take your orders and answer only to me.  I'll never hear the end of it from my daughter if I don't treat you well.  Besides, if I can use you to get Urd to visit me more often, then you will definitely be of use to me... but you may rest assured, I am going to work you like a dog for the first thousand years or so."

Thoughts?
RE: [OOC][PLOT][Arc 3] Planning for Season 3
Is Ben going to tell anybody about this deal?

If not, then I can see Ben removing Salem's immortality and Rob cutting her head off with a water blade, or Touma removing Salem's immortality and Jayne just shooting her, or something similar... and then Ben's screwed because he didn't "terminate her corporeal existence".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Alicia?  What, who killed my undine!1111

So BA has caught up in RWBY, then.  I'll repost my spoiler from the RWBY thread:
Those implications might not apply at all if she's been gaining power in the Metacontinunity, though.

And like Rob, the first idea I had was that this deal could go very wrong, and that I also was tempted to see what it would be like if the deal went wrong. Like, I had been already been thinking that Urd needs a little more mom time.

Or Doug Sangnoir shows up and runs Salem through with God's Toothpick.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(01-08-2019, 08:17 PM)Labster Wrote: Alicia? What, who killed my undine!1111

We've already established this setting doesn't have a One-Steve Limit. This Alicia is from Nanoha's world.

And I'll repost something that I posted to one of the Crossover That Should Not Be threads:

"Tessa Testarossa... you have silver eyes."

In this setting, maybe Tessa can learn a trick from Ruby? Big Grin
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I had noticed recently that Miyabi and Sakaki have silver eyes, too. At least of the dark gray with a tinge of blue variety.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Nah, Ben wouldn't be carrying the idiot ball like that.  He'd have as many people in on that as possible.

And no, the One-Steve-Limit definitely does not apply here.  Otherwise we'd never be able to get anything done.  The only limit I have is on doppelgangers.  If we're going to have a doppelganger situation, then there needs to be a REALLY good excuse.

Otherwise, I'd be okay with one character exhibiting traits or capabilities that is unique to another incarnation.

Which brings us to the Silver Eyes thing...

.....  I like it.

The idea that the worlds are becoming so intermeshed that the cosmologies are starting to merge is an interesting one.  Trouble is that this will take a LOT of worldbuilding...

But that's what this thread is for.

Maybe I should change the name to better reflect this purpose?  Thoughts?
And again, closing this thread in light of new developments.

New thread here:
http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...?tid=14366