Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<snort> <giggle>
<snort> <giggle>
Republican Senator Marco Rubio thinks that Trump declaring a national emergency to build his wall is a bad idea -- not because it's ridiculous, or a waste of money, or because it's racist or immoral, or because it'll alienate the Hispanic voters whom the Republicans have been trying to court since Obama's re-election -- but because it might encourage a future Democratic president to do the same thing about climate change.

Gotta love a Republican who's got his priorities straight.  Then again, this the first time in decades that I've seen a Republican actually acknowledge that Democrats might eventually gain something from one of their gambits to gain a little more immediate power; usually when they suggest something like curbing filibusters or changing a process that requires a 2/3 vote to a simple majority, it seems like it never occurs to them that they'll ever fall out of power and the new advantage will then profit the Democrats.  It's so unusual to see a Republican in power actually admit it's possible that they aren't a thousand-year-reich which will outlast the very concept of democracy.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
<snort> <giggle> - by Bob Schroeck - 01-11-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by Black Aeronaut - 01-11-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by Labster - 01-11-2019, 07:03 PM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by hazard - 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by Labster - 01-11-2019, 09:37 PM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by hazard - 01-12-2019, 05:17 AM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by DHBirr - 01-12-2019, 06:52 AM
RE: <snort> <giggle> - by classicdrogn - 01-12-2019, 06:42 AM