Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: "Feed My Sheep"
Re: "Feed My Sheep"
Oh, Chessybell, that's a great first story.  Now comes how we stitch it all into the grander tapestry...

First step in that, is, when in the timeline does this take place?

Second, obviously we're going to have a Redwall faction now; is the Catholic Church going to be a separate faction of its own?

The first implication that comes to my mind is that the Pope's put himself at odds with every country that doesn't like handwavium, and the social and political fallout from that is going to be fun to create and read.

Great work!  Keep it up!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Re: "Feed My Sheep"
I assume you realize that by naming the place Redwall, you are likely to end up with animal based morphs from wavium contamination? 8)
RE: "Feed My Sheep"
(01-12-2019, 11:20 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Is the Catholic Church going to be a separate faction of its own?

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Is there anything to be had, for writing another story, Chessybell?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Can I get a Link to the Fic?
T'is here, hidden in the fiction section.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Thank you kindly.
You know I'm surprised that a) wev'e been playing with this so long, and b) we still have folk interested in all this.

As to the Abbey itself, yes, one can see from the subtexts here that eventually wherever the Abbey finally orbits it will become more an more a home for Catholic Anthropomorphics of all types. And I can easily see a savy pope choosing to grant dispensations to 'missionaries' to get them out into space by whatever means, to find and protect those children of the faith who have chosen this path; to remind them that their faith is still... Not really sure how to fill in that blank though.

HOWEVER, I could also see a plot line evolving later in the fenspace timeline where there is a schism between the members of the faith who claim the 'wave is a gift from god to his faithful and those who claim it is a tool of the devil to cleave the faithful from the way to god.

Really depends on how dark people want to go with this. To be honest, If someone was to write along this thread I'd prefer if they chose to use Murphy as a tool on the side of 'Ya'll can belive whichever, just don't go killin each other over it' (which would apply to ALL religiions really)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children