Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Shutdown
RE: Government Shutdown
Rob, I do believe it was Nancy Pelosi that said there would be no money for a border wall and Ocasio-Cortez who said not a penny for ICE. I will believe this is a done deal when it sits on Trumps desk.

A note, I still don't like it, but we will take what we can get to keep the whining to a minimum
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Rajvik, is there any chance at all that you could stop blaming the Democrats for everything?

There's plenty of blame to go around. How about accepting your party's share?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Remember, the Republicans were (effectively) responsible for the last shutdown.  They were in control of House and Senate. They could have worked with the Democrats to get up enough votes to override the veto, and they didn't. In fact, indications were they didn't even make that much of an effort to get an override or even an alternative budget.

BTW, I'm taking note that people are making efforts to make sure the FAA is actually funded even if there is a shutdown. Clearly there's an acknowledgement that there will be another veto, and they want to (try to) actually put off the pain this time. Dodgy
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I have no problem blaming the republicans rob, but considering you guys are doing such a bang up job of blaming them i feel the need to point out that the democrats are also to blame. That said, I was saying that to point out that it is so far not even a bill yet, just a compromise of details between the reps to the committee. It can still be DOA in the house if both extremes hate it enough to say no
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(02-13-2019, 07:32 PM)Rajvik Wrote: you guys

STOP.

Since you are not taking hints, it appears that I must be completely clear:

Please do not put my employment at jeopardy by continuing to imply that I meddle in the internal affairs of a foreign nation - specifically, the United States of America.

I have opinions. I am allowed to exercise my constitutionally-protected right to freedom of expression regarding those opinions. I do not have membership in any political party, nor have I ever voted in any election outside of my own nation.

Stop implying otherwise.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I have implied nothing rob, I am STATING that you and the majority of the rest of the people on this forum blame the republicans for 99 percent of the US's problem. I have not said anything about you doing anything to mess with the US government or its methods in governance. This is why I ask questions and play devils advocate when it comes to Irish or Canadian politics.
Currently writing BROBd

I think the majority of your politicians are corrupt, power hungry greedy assholes. The Republicans just don't even pretend to hide it any more.
(02-13-2019, 10:03 PM)Rajvik Wrote: I have implied nothing rob, I am STATING that you and the majority of the rest of the people on this forum blame the republicans for 99 percent of the US's problem.
Since you are either unable or unwilling to actually read what I post, we have nothing more to say to each other.

(02-13-2019, 10:03 PM)Rajvik Wrote: I have not said anything about you doing anything to mess with the US government or its methods in governance. This is why I ask questions and play devils advocate when it comes to Irish or Canadian politics.
Thank you.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown