Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
The optics would be better if somebody other than me gave him the tempban.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And since I've made a couple comments -- one unnecessarily snarky -- to him, maybe someone other than me, too.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Okay, I gave in and did it. Mohamed Saed just earned himself a two-week tempban for disrespecting admins, general snarkery, and being annoying in general.

EDIT: I didn't tell him how long his tempban was for; I'm curious to see if he has any patience.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Thanks, Bob.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
You're welcome, Rob. Sadly, I didn't see that Geth had already given Saed a warning, and so I stepped on his toes with my ban. I'm willing to rescind it in deference to your priority, Geth...
-- Bob

I had already given him a warning, saying that any further violations of Rule 1 ("Don't be a jerk") would result in a tempban. That was before his most recent posts in the thread that I summarized and closed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Changing gears...

I think Kappathefrog might be worth giving Autopatrolled status to, but the account's only been active for one month. Opinions, anyone?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It's not a big history but it looks like quality. I'd give a tentative yes.
-- Bob

Is it just me, or does this guy have a major attitude problem?
-- Bob

(05-27-2019, 10:09 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Mohamed Saed is acting like a dick.  He put a post on SelfCloak's page basically demanding for his bot to be unblocked, acting like a petulant kid.  And in a message he posted to LongRunner and then apparently deleted (or is maybe LongRunner's user talk page glitchy?), he wrote
Quote:LongRunner, I’m sorry that you got blocked.  [[User:Robkelk|Robkelk]] can be bad sometimes. Don’t worry. Mohamed Saed at your service.
I think we need to ban this guy because he's a major asshole to the staff and seems to think he owns ATT and we're thwarting his god-given rights to do and say what he wants.

I wasn't aware of Mohamed Saed's message on my Talk page because the ping didn't show up. I said no to his request (I'm a bit late on that).

(05-29-2019, 09:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Is it just me, or does this guy have a major attitude problem?

Copy-pasting full URLs in the edit summary is not a good look...

I undid his edit and changed it to "kids and teenagers".
(05-29-2019, 09:37 PM)SelfCloak Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 09:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Is it just me, or does this guy have a major attitude problem?

Copy-pasting full URLs in the edit summary is not a good look...

I undid his edit and changed it to "kids and teenagers".

I looked at his edit history. With one exception, his edits have been justified with a statement saying that's how TVTropes does things. I'm going to give him a 1-week attention-getter, with the reason "All The Tropes is not bound by what TVTropes says."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Why do we even have this template?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
To call attention to an outright falsehood when it's too much trouble to simply delete it? <sigh>
-- Bob

Heads up. I think Mohamed Saed may be using a sock puppet, Fungster. No solid evidence yet, and not even enough to merit a checkuser. Just a gut feeling.
-- Bob

What, because he posted only something that Mohamed Saed would know to one of Mohamed Saed's pet pages?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Hmmmmm... Wikivoyage has a Gadget called "UTC Live Clock", that puts a clock display (displaying the time in UTC) at the top-right corner of the page when you're logged in and using the gadget. Clicking on the clock purges the current page.

It's a useful gadget - for Wikivoyage. Is is something we might want on ATT?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:What, because he posted only something that Mohamed Saed would know to one of Mohamed Saed's pet pages?
Another name to watch: MohamedG92, created on the morning of the 9th.

EDIT: Just checked Mo's Global account information page. He's a bureaucrat and sysop on alarabiapedia.miraheze.org and he has accounts at 18 other Miraheze wikis, including ATT. Is it just me or is that a little suspicious? Checking myself, I only have 7 accounts, either admin wikis like login and meta, or other wikis I've visited.

Anyway, I've made a checkuser request on all three accounts.
-- Bob

Okay, why are new Talk pages coming in as plain wiki pages and not Flow pages?
-- Bob

(06-10-2019, 10:11 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:What, because he posted only something that Mohamed Saed would know to one of Mohamed Saed's pet pages?
Another name to watch:  MohamedG92, created on the morning of the 9th.

EDIT:  Just checked Mo's Global account information page.  He's a bureaucrat and sysop on alarabiapedia.miraheze.org and he has accounts at 18 other Miraheze wikis, including ATT.  Is it just me or is that a little suspicious?  Checking myself, I only have 7 accounts, either admin wikis like login and meta, or other wikis I've visited.

Anyway, I've made a checkuser request on all three accounts.

And it's been looked into.  Amazingly, they appear to be unrelated according to John @ Miraheze.  But our boy Mo did something that John flagged as a Terms of Service violation, so the whole deal is now out of our hands and something else is going on.
-- Bob

Good Lord.

This still exists.

It needs a page.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Could somebody with a working bot do a bot run, please?

We have 234 broken links from a mistyped earlier bot run: "http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc//" (note the two slashes) needs to be changed to "https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/" Here's the list
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-14-2019, 09:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: Good Lord.
This still exists.
It needs a page.

Whoa.  Seconded.
-- Bob

Minor milestone: Now that I've just corrected the last "Film/Howls Moving Castle" link to point to "Howl's Moving Castle (anime)", all subpages under Film really are subpages of the "Film" page, not works with old TVTropes-style names.

Yay.

(Whether all of those subpages are named correctly is another matter altogether, but at least they are subpages.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-15-2019, 02:47 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: Good Lord.
This still exists.
It needs a page.

Whoa.  Seconded.

Here's a start. Feel free to add to it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Our anonymous user at 70.71.90.6 is back and obsessing again (still) on the ProtectedPageText system message.
-- Bob