Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What BlackAeronaut is Watching (Was Magical Girl Spec Ops)
RE: What BlackAeronaut is Watching (Was Magical Girl Spec Ops)
Is the Order a Rabbit? (Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka?)  Two seasons are available on Crunchyroll.   
Warning:  Dangerously high levels of cuteness and WAFF.  No violence, although one girl does have a habit of leveling a Glock pistol (perhaps a non-firing replica) at people.  Mostly slice-of-life, except that another girl's apparently-deceased grandfather currently inhabits the body of an Angora rabbit, and can somehow talk with his own voice using the rabbit's vocal cords.  Only his son and granddaughter know this.  

Every named character is Japanese, but the town's architecture is mostly based on the Alsace-Lorraine area, especially Colmar with a bit of Strasbourg (that's Word of God), and several shop signs are seen to be in French and German ... and at least one in English.

Further oddity:  Rabbits freely roam the city, showing no fear whatsoever of humans.  The main character loves to pick them up and cuddle them, and the rabbits aren't bothered by this at all.

Fifteen-year-old Hoto Cocoa moves to this town to attend high school, and quickly catalyzes several girls, most of whom barely knew each other, into becoming a close-knit circle of friends.  The main group is composed of Cocoa; stoic middle-schooler Kafuu Chino; military-oriented Tedeza Rize; Ujimatsu Chiya, who's a touch too flaky to be a true Yamato Nadeshiko; and impoverished but aristocratic-seeming Kirima Sharo (or Syaro, depending on the Romanization).  Chino's classmates Jouga Maya and Natsu Megumi soon meld into the circle ... and then there's the kinda-airheaded best-selling novelist Aoyama-san....  Just in case anyone didn't notice, those names are all in some usually punning way linked to beverages.

Recommended if you'd like a light and fluffy series to relieve the tensions of life.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
My "relieve the tensions of life" standby is Girls und Panzer, but thanks for the recommendation.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I've been watching 'Didn't I say to make my abilities average in the next life', which is an isekai story where a high school girl gets trucked and asks the god isekaiing her to, well, make her average so she doesn't have to deal with the isolation of being an above average person again.

Of course, said god makes her average by picking the middle point between between bacteria and the supreme draconic overdeity of awesome of the setting. She's now dealing with it.
Now that's an entry for the Literal Genie page at All The Tropes.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

A fourth-wall-obliterating infodump by the whatever-the-heck-it-is that acts as a familiar to the girl explains that her new "average" is 6800 times more powerful than almost all humans in the setting.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Yeah, I've read the first couple of LNs of Please Make My Abilities Average - I enjoyed the story, the MC is far from perfect and makes a few big mistakes, including one that... well, I'm not sure how the anime covered it, so I'll leave it there and make a note to watch the show. The infodumping in the books is handled a bit more smoothly, it seems, at least.

Ascendance Of A Bookworm looks like all kinds of fun, but I've only watched the first episode so far. The MC's anguish at landing in a world without anything to read... well, I can really sympathize with the poor girl.

I managed to borrow a set of the novels for Arifureta and I'm reading through to see if things are any better than Edgy McEdgeLord of the anime, so far.... Mmm. A little.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Anyone else watched Doctor Stone yet? Gotta say, it's A LOT better than I thought.

Take Mark Watney, give him an even bigger ego, stick him a version of Earth over 5,000 years after everyone was turned to stone, with not even a stitch of clothing, and he has to science the fuck out of everything in order to restore humanity.
Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.
I watched some uPotato's review that praised it highly, but it didn't really look like it'd be my thing and after actually taking a look at all the fansubs I've been tossing into my storage drive "for later" there's like 1700 hours of backlog before even looking at bookmarked or downloaded fanfic and ebooks, so I figure I'm set for a little while.
--
‎noli esse culus