Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
*Pained sigh*

Trump campaign uses Nazi imagery in facebook ad

On the other hand, hey, we've finally seen what would make Facebook grow a pair!
Quote:"The inverted red triangle is a symbol used by antifa, so it was included in an ad about antifa," Tim Murtaugh, a spokesman for the Trump campaign, said in a statement.

As they say on Wikipedia, "citation needed". Because Wikipedia's article about Antifa says no such thing, and one would expect Wikipedia to mention it if there was any chance of that being true (or even not false).
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(06-18-2020, 07:41 PM)robkelk Wrote:
Quote:"The inverted red triangle is a symbol used by antifa, so it was included in an ad about antifa," Tim Murtaugh, a spokesman for the Trump campaign, said in a statement.

As they say on Wikipedia, "citation needed". Because Wikipedia's article about Antifa says no such thing, and one would expect Wikipedia to mention it if there was any chance of that being true (or even not false).

Eyup. Then again, it's entirely possible that Mister Murtaugh was lying his ass off while trying to pretend they weren't being racist. Like Tusla. Which Trump is now claiming he did deliberately, because now so many more people know about Juneteenth.

EDIT: Oh, also, there were 88 posts of the ad. Because of fucking course.
(06-18-2020, 07:47 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: EDIT: Oh, also, there were 88 posts of the ad. Because of fucking course.

When I was on the public-facing side of the IT shop, we called something posted that many times in so short a period "spam".

Mind you, when I was on the public-facing side of the IT shop, we had to worry about Y2K.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just posted a link over in the political videos thread talking about this. (I particularly liked the bits starting at 3:00 and 5:35)
It appears Trump's big campaign rally yesterday got punked by a whole mess of Zoomers.

Zoomers 'sabotaged' Trump's Tulsa rally

Big Grin Big Grin
Zing!
I suppose that's one way for people who aren't old enough to vote to express their opinion.

Just be ready to see the same thing at Democratic rallies.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The size of our candidate's penis isn't measured by how many people show up at rallies, unlike the other guy. Also we're limiting the number of people showing up on purpose, so smaller crowd isn't newsworthy.

To me, I think the most newsworthy thing is that they had months to prepare for what is effectively the launch of their campaign, and it ended with far lower attendance than expected and their candidate going on and on about how good he is at walking down ramps in between the race-baiting. It's almost like they don't know what they're doing in the Trump campaign.

Meanwhile, in the Trump administration, the DACA policy was destroyed by the Supreme Court because they don't know what they're doing. Failing at the Administrative Policy Act means that they don't know how to run a government. It was not a victory for the undocumenteds (though it helps them); it was a defeat of incompetent government. And four years on, it's still obvious that they don't know how to run a government. It turns out that four years on, they're still failing at basic things like making policies and firing people. This isn't even a partisan complaint, as I'd be equally embarrassed if a Democrat tried it. (Oh, and don't even try "they let Obama get away with it," that just shows you weren't paying any attention.)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I've noticed in quite a few different news articles that GOP volunteers are wearing "Make America Great Again" hats again for this election campaign.

Bad optics.

They're implying that either they can't afford new hats (and thus the promised prosperity passed them by or never happened - hats aren't expensive), or their boy didn't keep his promises over the last four years. And now he wants a second chance. Why didn't he get it right the first time?

Never mind reality - that's what they're showing the world. "Truthiness" applies here.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well... name one way America is greater than it was in 2016, aside from leading the COVID-19 statistics? And that not in the good way.

I mean, I suppose they could try tacking another word onto the slogan, so it's "Make America great again again!" but that's not any better, really.
--
‎noli esse culus
It's a greater laughing stock.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(06-22-2020, 12:48 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Well... name one way America is greater than it was in 2016, aside from leading the COVID-19 statistics? And that not in the good way.

Well, your President is in the international news every day or two, instead of once every couple of weeks the way Obama was...

More seriously, you might just be making some headway in the area of race relations, because of what happened earlier this year. Although that's despite the policies coming out of the White House, not because of them.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I've put 20 quid on Trump to win. Hedging bets. At least I'll get another nice bottle of whiskey out of it.

More than half the country hates him. But is it the right half?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
More than half the voters in last election not only didn't vote for him, they voted for the Democratic Party's candidate. Not having the favour of half or more of the voting public is not something that would prevent someone from being elected.
I was going to ask how just one bottle would be enough consolation, but then I remembered you're safely on the other side of an ocean. Well, as safe as anyone anyway.
--
‎noli esse culus
Hey, this has been a quiet thread, given that it's an election year in the U.S., a little over 3 months from the election.  Where in the world is Joe Biden?  Has he disappeared?

Trump on child prostitute recruiter Ghislaine Maxwell: "I wish her well."

Oh right, Trump has been own-goaling so hard now that a highly public campaign is bad strategy.

But more than that: this is your final warning, Republicans.  This is a guy who sending well wishes to someone who we're pretty sure has ruined a lot of girls lives for money -- and it's not like he's the kind of guy who does that for everyone, you know?  I mean, "lock her up" would have been more appropriate here, and I think he knows those words.  So he's aligning himself with a human trafficker of the highest class.  Is this really who you want to be President?
Recieved the cards to register for mail-in voting today - one for me, one for my father, one for my uncle, but NONE for the dog! SAD.
--
‎noli esse culus
(07-22-2020, 12:11 AM)Labster Wrote: Hey, this has been a quiet thread, given that it's an election year in the U.S., a little over 3 months from the election.  Where in the world is Joe Biden?  Has he disappeared?
(07-22-2020, 12:11 AM)Labster Wrote: Oh right, Trump has been own-goaling so hard now that a highly public campaign is bad strategy.

I think you answered your own question there.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(07-22-2020, 12:11 AM)Labster Wrote: Trump on child prostitute recruiter Ghislaine Maxwell: "I wish her well."

Yeah, that one.  Jennifer Rubin pointed out that the mainstream press seems to be giving Windrip a free pass on that line: Oh, that's just Trump being Trump. 
Quote:Even worse in this case, Trump is infamous for expressing sympathy for those under prosecution, an unsubtle way of suggesting he might take care of them (as he did with longtime confidant Roger Stone) if they do not cooperate with authorities. It is far from clear this is what is going on with Maxwell, but to not even ask the question seems to be an act of journalistic negligence.

Some of her readers were a trifle more explicit in their suspicions, "DCBR" outright stating that: 
Quote:In the matter of Maxwell, Trump is giving her his Mob Boss wink and nod not to say anything about Trump’s wild flings at Epstein’s child rape parties where Trump was a frequent and active participant.
As for Maxwell, they are going to make sure to shut her up. She is an explosive wild card risk that has to be eliminated.

-----
God made me an agnostic — who are you to question His wisdom?
actually the reason it's been quiet in here is i mainly started this thread for the democrat infighting that was sure to take place this year. As for Joe, he's hiding in his basement making cheesy videos claiming all the things he "Would do on day one of his presidency," i think he posts them on his facebook page, or maybe on the DNC website, don't know really as i'll admit i only catch soundbites. For me it really doesn't matter as you couldn't pay me to vote for his senile ass.

as for Trump, i'm not getting into that argument with the lot of you, we disagree and i'm willing to leave it at that considering most of you wanted that old commie Bernie to win
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

You still think Bernie is a commie. Only in the USA. *Gigglefit.*
When I posted in here earlier, Bernie was my 7th pick and Biden was my 9th. Not exactly crying myself to sleep at night over it.

And, if you haven't noticed, most of the Democratic infighting has disappeared this year. Honestly, the Republican infighting is more exciting this year, with the Lincoln Project and all. I do have to give Trump credit, he managed to unify the left more than I thought was possible. If only he could unify his own party.
I said in 2016 Trump was doing an excellent job of campaigning for Hillary, even if she still lost on the technicality of how the electoral college is set up. Now, though, he's had an extra four years to hype up the Biden campaign, and he's really getting people out in the streets!
--
‎noli esse culus
(07-23-2020, 06:05 PM)Rajvik Wrote: actually the reason it's been quiet in here is i mainly started this thread for the democrat infighting that was sure to take place this year.

Yes, I noticed that you ignored my previously-existing thread on the topic.

(07-23-2020, 06:05 PM)Rajvik Wrote: as for Trump, i'm not getting into that argument with the lot of you, we disagree and i'm willing to leave it at that considering most of you wanted that old commie Bernie to win

Honestly, I'd rather see Pence than Trump. It's not a party thing - it's the person.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown