Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust.
Another one bites the dust.
Federal judge rules Paul Manafort lied to the FBI, special counsel and Grand Jury.

Sucks to be him. Hope he enjoys spending the rest of his life in prison.

How many does this make now?
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: Another one bites the dust.
This is as good a place as any to post this quote that I noticed a few days ago:

"In any organization, the man at the top must bear the responsibility. That responsibility, therefore, belongs here, in this office. I accept it. And I pledge to you tonight, from this office, that I will do everything in my power to ensure that the guilty are brought to justice and that such abuses are purged from our political processes in the years to come, long after I have left this office."
- Richard Nixon, "Address to the Nation About the Watergate Investigations", 30 April 1973

They didn't do a very good job of purging, did they?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I blame Gerald Ford's pardon of Nixon. It opened the door for all that has followed.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
The pardon certainly gave the impression that if you broke the law as a top level elected official you could easily get away with it.

Mind you, a presidential pardon won't help Trump much. It'll only apply to federal crimes, and he and his entire campaign are being investigated for state crimes as well.