Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Kayfabe news" sites?
"Kayfabe news" sites?
Pulling this out of Politics...

(02-09-2019, 04:49 PM)Labster Wrote: Weekly World News wasn't really tabloid news either. It always seemed more like what I would call kayfabe news. "How dare you challenge the veracity of our Bat Boy stories. They were based on research conducted at Miskatonic University."

Reading this got me wondering - where are the decent "kayfabe news" sites out there? Looking for recommendations... and raw material for an All The Tropes index.

I'm aware of:
  • The Onion: The site everybody's heard of (except for the people who haven't). General satire.
  • The Beaverton: Canadian satire.
  • Walking Eagle News: "The foremost leader in the world of Indigenous journalism". (If you read nothing else at this site, make the time to read the About page, which includes the FAQ.)

What else is there out there along the same line?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: "Kayfabe news" sites?
Oh, geeze, there was the place that hooked me a few years ago with the article about how film industry was going to insist that more than six people watching a large-screen TV counted as a "public showing" on which license fees had to be paid. I can't remember the name, though.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....