Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] The Montreal residence
RE: [OOC] The Montreal residence
(02-14-2019, 07:58 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 07:34 PM)Norgarth Wrote: ... damn, that means Mr Morden is in the background making deals

"Tell me, Kuubey: What do you want?"
Big Grin

Time to throw in fanon!Nabiki Tendo.  <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(02-14-2019, 01:45 AM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 01:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh?  Who all were you interested in anyhow?

Of the top of my head, Nanoha, and the Star Trek cast. Actually, given that Data's the only one we have a firm location for right now, dropping either the TOS cast or the remainder of the TNG cast in Philly might be feasible. I only ever saw TOS, chunks of TNG, and first season DS9. I haven't really watched the later shows. There were a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

I'd be interested in Babylon 5, which I don't think has come up in any way, shape or form yet.

Oh, I just realized...

James Kirk (who has a reputation) and Lindy Harlaown (who's an attractive widow) under the same roof.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ah yes. I think the topic of Kirk and Lindy hitting it off came up at one point in time.

Question is, from what time frame do we want our version of Kirk?
I'd vote for during the five-year mission, if it was up to me.

Ah, yes - "The place in Philadelphia" now has a wiki page, as do the characters who are listed on the page. Since Inquisitive Raven doesn't have a wiki account, I'll replicate the information here.

The place in Philadelphia

Address: ??, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Manager: "Inquisitive Raven"
Amenities:
* Holographic training facility (provided by Washuu-chan)

This is an NPC residence.

A residence someplace in the wilds of Philadelphia, serving as home to some displacees who are accustomed to being off-planet more often than they are at home.

Unfortunately, Philly has Death Eaters ... but the mages in residence at this apartment are more than a match for them.

Manager

The apartment manager who calls herself "Inquisitive Raven" is a middle-aged half-Japanese woman.

Tenants

Group 1: Lyrical Nanoha

As of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

* Chrono Harlaown
* Lindy Harlaown
* Amy Limietta
* Gil Graham
* Aria Lieze
* Lotte Lieze
* Genya Nakajima
* Quint Nakajima
* Ginga Nakajima
* Subaru Nakajima

Group 2: Babylon 5

List TBD, definitely includes Ivanova, probably includes Garibaldi

Group 3: Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation

List TBD
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
{blows dust off thread)

Did we ever decide exactly who from B5 and ST were going to be in residence in Philadelphia?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I don't believe we did.

As far as picking folks, the casts from the Trek settings are mostly static, and there's not a whole lot of difference in them between the beginnings and ends of their series, but Babylon 5 goes through a lot in its five years, in both cast members and their lives. So the selection starts with "where in the story do they come from?" Or do we pick people from anywhere in the five year span? For instance, Warren Keffler (who died at the end of season 2) and Marcus Cole (only in seasons 3 and 4)?

Oh, and I would dearly love to see a scene of a Celestial telling Kosh to knock if off with the fake angel scam.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Delenn also made a pretty major change between seasons 1 and 2 (if I remember the timing right), so does she look like a typical Minbari or a Minbari-Human hybrid?

I think we should only have one CO but that leaves the question: Sinclair or Sheridan?

I'm not inclined to include Keffer as he basically exists as someone for us to get attached to before dying in the process of revealing the Shadows. Marcus might be worth bringing in though. Of course, we need at least one telepath. Morden wouldn't be at the Steeple, but he might be lurking around somewhere in the metacontinuity with intent to cause chaos on his bosses' behalf.
Good question (re: Delenn). That and the issue of CO suggests to me that we select a specific point in the story and use that for everyone instead of picking and choosing independently for everyone. Maybe right at the end of the fourth season, so they don't end up agonizing about getting yanked out before the Shadows-Vorlon thing was resolved?

As for telepaths, we have Ivanova. I'm sure we can find a trainer for her at one of the other residence.

Keffler was just an example of someone with a short tenure on the show, not a serious suggestion. I'd rather have Zack. <grin>
-- Bob

(05-19-2022, 07:42 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Good question (re: Delenn).  That and the issue of CO suggests to me that we select a specific point in the story and use that for everyone instead of picking and choosing independently for everyone. 

Agreed. That's what I'm doing with the displacees from Academy City - they're all from their world's October 1, no matter when the appear in the Metacontinuity.

Since I don't know enough about B5 to write any of the characters other than Garibaldi and Ivanova, I'll leave the exact point of divergence up to folks who'll actually be writing the characters.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-19-2022, 07:42 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Good question (re: Delenn).  That and the issue of CO suggests to me that we select a specific point in the story and use that for everyone instead of picking and choosing independently for everyone.  Maybe right at the end of the fourth season, so they don't end up agonizing about getting yanked out before the Shadows-Vorlon thing was resolved?

Aww, but if we do that, you don't get to see a Vorlon get told off for the angel scam and I don't get to see Kosh in a human suit. At the end of season four, Kosh is dead and Ulkesh presumably headed out of the galaxy with the rest of the Vorlons. Even if Ulkesh stuck around, I can't see him donning a human suit. I'm thinking late season three before Kosh gets killed. That gives Morden an excuse to be out and about making deals.

(05-19-2022, 07:42 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: As for telepaths, we have Ivanova.  I'm sure we can find a trainer for her at one of the other residence.
Midchildan magic includes telepathy; maybe they could train her with no need to ask around the other residences.
Works for me.
-- Bob

(05-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 07:42 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: As for telepaths, we have Ivanova.  I'm sure we can find a trainer for her at one of the other residence.
Midchildan magic includes telepathy; maybe they could train her with no need to ask around the other residences.

Re-reading this thread and I just realized that we have here an excuse for the Midchildan mages to go on a Florida vacation. River needs somebody to teach her how to stop reading minds.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown