Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] The Montreal residence
[OOC] The Montreal residence
(02-13-2019, 05:21 AM)Labster (in the Intelligent Devices thread) Wrote: I wasn't actually aware that the costume belonged to a member of the cast. Based on the main thread, given that I just finished PMMM, I've seen or read all of the major source material... except the Montreal group, where I don't know any of them. I guess Seraviel and I have completely different tastes.

I mean, I'm watching Fate/stay night now, and it's okay I guess. But I can't shake the feeling that it might be better if it was at Inakano Middle School instead, and Wapiko's Servant was Pen-Pen.

Which might be a roundabout way of saying that maybe I should leave the costuming decisions to Tomoyo from now on.

Yeah. I've been meaning to ask for a while now...

Seraviel didn't make the jump from the Tapatalk forum to the Access Denied forum, and never wrote anything. What do we do with the Montreal apartment?

Brent doesn't know any of the stories that Seraviel chose. I don't know any of the stories other than Fate/stay night... but I've already used Rin in a story.

What do we want to do with this apartment?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC] The Montreal residence
Argh. Until Seraviel shows up or someone wants to adopt it, then I guess we should make it into another NPC complex.

Honestly, we need to be setting up more of those so we can bring in 'guest' characters and not have it be "Where the hell did you come from!?"
(02-13-2019, 08:17 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Argh. Until Seraviel shows up or someone wants to adopt it, then I guess we should make it into another NPC complex.

I'd be willing to make sure they don't get too far behind... except that I don't know any of the stories except for Fate/stay night.

(02-13-2019, 08:17 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Honestly, we need to be setting up more of those so we can bring in 'guest' characters and not have it be "Where the hell did you come from!?"

I suppose I could ask around, find out whether anybody would be willing to follow Bob's lead and lend their names as NPC managers.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I would be willing to have Fate/stay night be adopted by some other apartment complex.  Unless Seraviel shows up again, we wouldn't have to base them in Montreal.  I think it would take a minor retcon here: http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...t=Montreal

I've already started a beta site a half mile away.  And we could probably stick a few displacees in Twin Peaks, Washington without making the town appreciably weirder.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I like the Montreal connection - the Ottawa/Montreal train ride is relatively short and relatively inexpensive, so the clothes horses at Blossom can go shopping some place where they actually know how to spell "fashion". (That spelling would be "à la mode". Smile )
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I believe in San Antonio it's spelled "Alamo'ed".
(02-13-2019, 08:14 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:17 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Honestly, we need to be setting up more of those so we can bring in 'guest' characters and not have it be "Where the hell did you come from!?"

I suppose I could ask around, find out whether anybody would be willing to follow Bob's lead and lend their names as NPC managers.

I'd be willing. I'd had thoughts of joining this thing when it was first proposed, but most of the characters I'd be interested in bringing in got snatched up before I could say anything.

I'm a middle-aged half-Japanese woman in Philadelphia. With all the colleges and universities around, there's got to be some place I can be put in charge of where a bunch of new folks turning up wouldn't raise any eyebrows.
We're a bit more sophisticated than that down here...

https://www.tobincenter.org/about-us

https://www.sahbgcc.com/

https://dominionhoa.com/

The last one is where quite a few of our local celebrities hang their hats, such as many of our veteran San Antonio Spurs players. And I've delivered there a few times while working UberEats. It's one of those high-security gated communities where they record my car, license plate number, drivers license, who I'm delivering to and who I'm working for before letting me go about my business.
(02-14-2019, 01:21 AM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:14 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:17 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Honestly, we need to be setting up more of those so we can bring in 'guest' characters and not have it be "Where the hell did you come from!?"

I'd be willing. I'd had thoughts of joining this thing when it was first proposed, but most of the characters I'd be interested in bringing in got snatched up before I could say anything.

I'm a middle-aged half-Japanese woman in Philadelphia. With all the colleges and universities around, there's got to be some place I can be put in charge of where a bunch of new folks turning up wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Oh?  Who all were you interested in anyhow?
(02-14-2019, 01:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh?  Who all were you interested in anyhow?

Of the top of my head, Nanoha, and the Star Trek cast. Actually, given that Data's the only one we have a firm location for right now, dropping either the TOS cast or the remainder of the TNG cast in Philly might be feasible. I only ever saw TOS, chunks of TNG, and first season DS9. I haven't really watched the later shows. There were a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

I'd be interested in Babylon 5, which I don't think has come up in any way, shape or form yet.
Oh I do believe that Ivanova would take waking up in a different reality with her usual aplomb. Sounds fun.

I don't think that anyone got a chance at Nanoha before BA scooped her up, but maybe StrikerS is free?

I have a passage written where I use Riker, LaForge, and possibly Wesley, but I'm not too attached to it if you want those characters more.
Hmmm...  If you were to take sayyyyy... the Harlaowns and the Nakajimas, that can prove to be interesting on your end.  Double checking, the timing is actually perfect.  The Nakajimas will have just adopted Ginga and Subaru and that will give you adequate reason to pay a visit to San Antonio, as Washu will be one of the very select few fully qualified to perform their required maintenance.  Though she may make a few... upgrades...

*Washu-chan clucking disdainfully.*  "I get that they were prototypes, but what a mess.  So inelegant.  So inefficient.  I've got half-a-mind to find this Scaglietti guy and show him who the real scientist is."

Aslo, finally having someone to play host to the TOS and TNG casts would be great.  Bonus points if you take Guinan as well - she was awesome.  DS9 and VOY crews would be nice, too...  Washu-chan can certainly do something about Kes's short lifespan that would not only be permanent, but inheritable, too.

...Exactly how much of the B5 cast are we talking here?  Just the station command team, or we bringing over the Big Four (Londo, G'Kar, Delen, Kosh) and their staff as well?  If them as well.... I have no qualms.  It'd be interesting to see them adapting to life on the Earth of this era.  And the Goddesses can put a 'Nothing Strange Here' charm on them so they can go about their lives without being...  Harassed.

If nothing else, It'd be fun to see Ivanova and Garibaldi back home on Mother Terra - Garibaldi because it is just that much easier to get The Good Food he really likes.  Ivanova because she doesn't have to worry about the Psi Corps... Though visiting The Motherland might present some issues given the political environment.  So close and yet so far away...
I don't think it's possible to be G'Kar and not feel harassed.

Quote:Washu-chan can certainly do something about Kes's short lifespan that would not only be permanent, but inheritable, too.
I've been trying to avoid mentioning the D-word but I feel like it's gonna come up eventually.
(02-14-2019, 04:18 AM)Labster Wrote: I don't think it's possible to be G'Kar and not feel harassed.

Snrk. That seems to be the case for many Narn.

(02-14-2019, 04:18 AM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:Washu-chan can certainly do something about Kes's short lifespan that would not only be permanent, but inheritable, too.
I've been trying to avoid mentioning the D-word but I feel like it's gonna come up eventually.

Quote:In Life’s name and for Life’s sake,

I assert that I will employ the Art which is its gift in Life’s service alone, rejecting all other usages.

I will guard growth and ease pain. I will fight to preserve what grows and lives well in its own way; and I will change no object or creature unless its growth and life, or that of the system of which it is part, are threatened.

To these ends, in the practice of my Art, I will put aside fear for courage, and death for life, when it is right to do so —

till Universe’s end.

Bear in mind, I'm not of the mindset where entropy should be abolished entirely.  High Wizardry showed that the Powers That Be had a change in heart in regards to The Lone One's contribution to Creation.  Wizard's Holiday showed us why they had this change in heart.

Without death, there is no room for new things.  Entropy provides an avenue, an impetus even, for evolution, change, and renewal.

Kes should have the chance at a much longer and fuller life.  But at some point, she will pass on as all others will.  But not before she's had the chance to leave her own mark on the world.
Oh, not "death". A certain other D-word, more specific to what you said.

I've had a bit written about how Tomoyo feels when videotaping Sakura in real combat. Sure, she might die, but what better way to die than doing what you love most, with the people you love the most? But having written a scene I realize that she can't really express that to Sakura without making her worry, so she never would. And I'm too much of a coward of a writer to make the scene necessary. I really wish I could be as good a person as Tomoyo but I'm too afraid.
(02-13-2019, 08:17 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Argh. Until Seraviel shows up or someone wants to adopt it, then I guess we should make it into another NPC complex.

Honestly, we need to be setting up more of those so we can bring in 'guest' characters and not have it be "Where the hell did you come from!?"

*nods* that's why I offered up myself/Windsor as a NPC hosting site. I've still got dozens of beds free so far for requests.

B5 cast is a cool idea, Inquisitive.
kudos to Labster for the G'kar comment 8)
Garibaldi would also enjoy easy access to Looney Tunes cartoons (maybe even episodes that were lost by his time)
Heh. In that case, Ben will have to see how Garibaldi likes the original Muppet Show.

(One thing a historian pointed out - Jim Henson remarked that the moment that one of the muppets was taking themselves too seriously, there was always another muppet on hand to blow them up. Literally. *BOOM!*)
... You've got to wonder what Garibaldi would think of Tiny Toons Adventures, or even better, Animaniacs.

Edit: And why am I suddenly picturing Belldandy gently remonstrating Kosh for his people's habit of impersonating angels?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"Kosh, there's only one angel in Ottawa, and she's my fiancée. So how about you drop the bull and be honest with us?"

(Speaking of B5, I find I constantly need to remind myself that the species name is Narn, not Narm. That persistent mixup makes writing 'fic for them difficult.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
IIRC, the effect of Kosh's little trick as actually more like that bit of psychic paper The Doctor uses as his fake ID - people will see what they want to see. So he's not appearing as an angel on purpose - that's just your brain meat supplying the best thing to fit the criteria Kosh is setting for his 'illusion'.
I Think You guy's are over thinking Lifespan problems. At least not in the right direction.
With the Multiverse on "Hold" A lot of The "Refuge's" Life Spans are also on hold, as they are tied to the process of the individuals Home 'Verse.

Although it might be a while before anyone notices that they are not aging, and asks about it.

So, if some on brings up a possible lifespan problem to Washu, at least have her go through the process of asking if individual wants the problem to be fixed.
(02-14-2019, 06:32 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Heh.  In that case, Ben will have to see how Garibaldi likes the original Muppet Show.

(One thing a historian pointed out - Jim Henson remarked that the moment that one of the muppets was taking themselves too seriously, there was always another muppet on hand to blow them up.  Literally.  *BOOM!*)

Okay, now I'm picturing a fandom rivalry between Ivanova and Garibaldi with Ivanova as a muppet partisan ("BOOM! Boom, boom, boom, boom.") Big Grin

Although, TBF, there's plenty of explosions in Looney Tunes.

If I'm getting the Big 4, I also want their attachés. Londo especially needs Vir to keep him grounded.

Now I'm picturing Kosh with a MiB style human suit. Maybe Washu-chan could build it for him. Based on some of the RPG material, I think he might actually fit in the torso of one and it might be the best way for him to avoid notice. 

If they could be persuaded not to maintain their crests, maybe the Centauri could get away with wearing wigs or shaving their heads. It might be easier to convince Vir. Londo is much more status conscious.

Now, who should we have in command, Sheridan or Sinclair?

If I'm an NPC host, you can drop anyone you want on me. If I'm actively participating, the VOY cast is going to have to go elsewhere as I don't know them. Ditto the ENT cast. The DS9 cast will have to be pre-Dominion war.

Oh gods, has anybody thought about whether or not the MiBs are going to be around and what aliens from the movies might also show up.
(02-14-2019, 01:31 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: IIRC, the effect of Kosh's little trick as actually more like that bit of psychic paper The Doctor uses as his fake ID - people will see what they want to see. So he's not appearing as an angel on purpose - that's just your brain meat supplying the best thing to fit the criteria Kosh is setting for his 'illusion'.

Actually the 'see the Vorlons as Angels' bit was programmed into the DNA of the various B5 races, which means they may not appear that way to people _not_ from B5.

... damn, that means Mr Morden is in the background making deals (I could see the Shadows working with Salem, they are almost as into Conflict as Wormverse Shards and her plans are definitely going to involve conflict), and maybe Bester. Hmm, maybe have Bester in Windsor where Prof X can keep an eye on him and make sure he's not being too much of an asshole. (and away from the rest of the B5 characters who might be tempted to slug him a few times).

Oh, and go with Sheridan (so he and Delen can spend time together)
(02-14-2019, 07:34 PM)Norgarth Wrote: ... damn, that means Mr Morden is in the background making deals

"Tell me, Kuubey: What do you want?"
Big Grin
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"I have no wants, Mr. Morden. I am merely a servant, much like you are. There are only the needs of my mission, and the means by which I am to acquire what my people need."

"We are trying to save ourselves from the heat-death of the Universe, Mr. Morden. What do your Shadows say to that? No, do not bother. A delegation has already arrived at Z'Ha'Dum and will shortly be presenting our case to your masters.
While I understand they value their privacy, I do hope that they receive our polite overtures and react in kind, even if only to voice a refusal. To do so otherwise will be to make an enemy that even your Vorlons would quail before."