Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Fanfic Recommendations Go Hawaiian
RE: Fanfic Recommendations Go Hawaiian
Quote:The force does not feed your Jedi, that is your job.

The force is good at allowing your Jedi ten dozen ways to burn calories as if they were meal packs tossed in a campfire.

Feed your Jedi.

Don't forget to water them too.

(...)

We have our brothers. Your Jedi has you. Your Jedi may need help to understand that.

Memo: Jedi Maintenance is a fun little one-shot full of helpful advice for the clonetrooper newly assigned as general minder for the mastermind general, to pass on the hard-earned wisdom of his brothers. It's an AO3 link, in case you're reading via someplace where that might be considered less than properly halal.
--
‎noli esse culus
https://archiveofourown.org/collections/...s/22049998
Honeymoon. Post-manga Naruto/Dreaming of Sunshine x-over. Temari's honeymoon is interrupted when she and her husband's team get transported to the DoS universe by a hostile seal. A very long and well written one-shot.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/th...cks.49604/

Breakdowns and Tow Trucks (Worm / Cars)

A bit of heartwarming fluff focused on, of all people, Squealer the Vehicle Tinker, who strikes out on her own and hooks up with a dimensionally-displaced talking tow truck.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(01-12-2020, 12:12 AM)ECSNorway Wrote: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/th...cks.49604/

Breakdowns and Tow Trucks (Worm / Cars)

A bit of heartwarming fluff focused on, of all people, Squealer the Vehicle Tinker, who strikes out on her own and hooks up with a dimensionally-displaced talking tow truck.

I mean, it's Squealer, so she figures that the drugs are causing the Tow Truck to be talking at first, and then later, people look at them together an figure, eh, it's Squealer, she made a talking tow truck with it's own intelligence, thats interesting.

I'm gonna read it,
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Little Zuko vs. the World

Zuko finds Aang a month into his banishment. They're both 12.

Featuring Katara exploring the Wani, a Fire Sage who is done listening to Zhao. Yuyan Archers who are just as done with Zhao. And Iroh dealing with a younger and less frustrated Zuko. Also Kuzon the mailboy.
But Doctor, I Am Pagliacci [DC, Joker, AU]

Jack Napier, a.k.a. the Joker. After years of madness, he's finally sane. But there's something wrong. Something's not right. According to his psychiatrist, there's no Bat. Nobody in Gotham City has heard of a superhero named Batman. The Justice League doesn't have a guy who dresses like a bat.

And that's wrong. That can't be. Because if there's one thing that Jack knows, it's that there can't be a Joker without a Batman.
Hermione Granger and the Paradigm Shift, by the same author of Daphne Greengrass and the Importance of Intent:

To set the stage, this story starts very soon after Ron hooks up with Lavender and Hermione sets the birds on him in anger. A few days later in canon Ron makes fun of Hermione in class, sending her running out of the room. In HBP Harry goes to find her and along the way runs into Luna and subsequently ends up asking her to Slughorn's party. In this story instead of stopping to ask Luna to the party, Harry continues to look for Hermione and...well, you'll see.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(02-02-2020, 10:37 PM)jonathanlennox Wrote: But Doctor, I Am Pagliacci [DC, Joker, AU]

Jack Napier, a.k.a. the Joker. After years of madness, he's finally sane. But there's something wrong. Something's not right. According to his psychiatrist, there's no Bat. Nobody in Gotham City has heard of a superhero named Batman. The Justice League doesn't have a guy who dresses like a bat.

And that's wrong. That can't be. Because if there's one thing that Jack knows, it's that there can't be a Joker without a Batman.

Seconding the rec. This one is amazing.
SEZ
BZG
Fighting for the future. (RWBY)

The world of Remnant knows Weiss Schnee as the family disgrace, hidden away in a mental institution in Atlas. Only she remembers what might have been...
(02-05-2020, 05:08 PM)batzulger Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:37 PM)jonathanlennox Wrote: But Doctor, I Am Pagliacci [DC, Joker, AU]

Seconding the rec. This one is amazing.

ACYL?  As in the person I played CoH with?  user around here?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Indeed. Also did that keen mirrored-inserts Battletech thing with Valles.
--
‎noli esse culus
Damn. That one was Rec'd here too, and I missed it, didn't I?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
In fairness, I'm not very good at self-promotion, so it's up to other people to point you onward.
Pagliacci is superb. Take all the well-deserved credit and acclaim.
SEZ
BZG
Agreed. I basically shotgunned the entire thing over the weekend, and am eagerly awaiting awaiting each new installment.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
One shot.
Quote: After fifty years, the trial records of a special prisoner are unsealed and the details and motives of the most well known magical murder are revealed.
Unsealed
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(02-11-2020, 09:22 PM)Acyl Wrote: In fairness, I'm not very good at self-promotion, so it's up to other people to point you onward.
Yeah, Pagliacci whips ass.

But speaking of promotion, I'm here on behalf of Adena who was THIS close to finally cornering Raj into a relationship before it all faded to black /fistshake

In other words, everyone go read Acyl's False Prophet's run during the great BTech CYOA surge of 2019.
I'd like to recommend Brilliant Souls, Sovereign Minds, a Sailor Moon fanfic that has recently come to my attention. It has more of a sci-fi slant then normal for a Sailor Moon fanfic, and the train is well and truely off the rails from the very start. You see, for want of a nail Usagi didn't sleep in one day, and for lack of sleeping in, a moon cat was not met, and for lack of a meeting Sailor Moon was not the first to be given her transformation item...

It's pretty good in my opinion and deserves more attention then it's gotten so far.
Miraculous Escalation

Worm/Miraculous Ladybug crossover.  During the Noelle arc, Skitter gets blown to the MLB world.  She returns with the assistance of the MLB crew who try to do what they can for Earth Bet.

Very well written in my opinion, and the most recent arc (dealing with the Fallen), was incredibly good.

RMH
Due to a lack of enjoyment of Miraculous Season 3, the author has said he might not be continuing after the Fallen Arc, but he was determined to make sure the story had a good finishing point. AND OH BOY IS HE DELIVERING.
(02-29-2020, 10:14 AM)RMH999 Wrote: Miraculous Escalation

Worm/Miraculous Ladybug crossover.  During the Noelle arc, Skitter gets blown to the MLB world.  She returns with the assistance of the MLB crew who try to do what they can for Earth Bet.

Very well written in my opinion, and the most recent arc (dealing with the Fallen), was incredibly good.

RMH

In a similar vein, A Practical Guide to Escalation has Taylor get dropped into (obviously) A Practical Guide to Evil, sometime after Book Two, landing in Marchford and screwing up Masego's attempt to summon a demon.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/200854...s/47572417
From RWBY we have The Happy Huntresses Cinematic Universe, a series of tales involving the future defenders of Mantle in their Atlas Academy days. Warnings for violence, racism, serious injuries, more racism, social corruption and the people that stand against it, dealing with abuse in school dorms, and racism.

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1646263
While we wait for real life to let our resident Fun Tyrant resume The Westerosi (I'm blaming it, not him), here's an interesting shot of methadone:

Technomad Wrote:When a way to travel between Westeros and Victorian Europe opens up, Britain needs its finest to represent it at King Robert's court. Who better to call than Sir Harry Flashman? (Actually, almost anybody else would do better, but he's burdened with his reputation.)

Yes, mothers, it's Flashman and the Throne of Swords, the Flashman Papers/ASoI&F crossover we never knew we wanted and still might not. If you do, it starts here:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/683754...s/15607075

It says it's complete, but it doesn't look it to me, so I'm not putting it in with the Completed recommendations.
I don't know if it was posted previously or not, but The Weaver Option, where Worm meets WH40K,
and 40K needs some serious help dealing with the likes of Taylor Hebert

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12115800/1/...ver-Option
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Quote:When Minerva McGonagall discovers that Harry Potter's relatives intend to keep him from attending Hogwarts, she takes matters into her own hands. But when Harry comes to Diagon Alley one day early, it sets events into motion that end with him and his friend, Hermione Granger, sorted into Slytherin. Now the two of them must somehow tame the House of the Snakes
The Twisted Path