Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Possible Benjamin/Misaka Team-Ups?
[OOC] Possible Benjamin/Misaka Team-Ups?
Okay, so once Ben gets his BIG Power-Up, because he has a biological M/AM reactor that can pump electricity into his nervous system, he's going to have an enhanced nervous system to make use of it.  It will be similar to the modification done to SPARTAN II's where their dendrites are changed to shielded electrical transduction.

Which means he can probably pump out a substantial amount of juice when needed...?

This doesn't grant him electrokinesis, but put him with one of the Misakas and it may be possible for him to act as a human 'booster unit'.

How this would be done/used, I'm not sure.  Thoughts?
RE: [OOC] Possible Benjamin/Misaka Team-Ups?
Misaka Mikoto - Railgun - is canonically able to short out a step-down transformer substation by drawing its entire output at once without touching it. The Sisters aren't that powerful, so Kuroko would warn Ben that there may be some health risks to doing what he's offering... then she'd suggest starting with Niiko, or maybe Mimi.

As to use, canonically the power draw turned Mikoto "up to eleven" for a moment. Need a longer range for the Railgun? Need a few more kW/h for a pulse attack (EDIT: or an electrostatic barrier)? "Ben, I need to use your power." And she just slurps the ambient unshielded energy.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC] Possible Benjamin/Misaka Team-Ups?
Okay, that sounds about right to me.

.... Now I got this mental imagery from the Godzilla movie - where he's up against the Mutos... That scary electrical thrumming as he's powering up his breath attack... Imagining Ben making the same noise now as his reactor starts to ramp up and fill the air with his electrical charge...