Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the setting
Question about the setting
One thing that I've noticed about Fujishima's solo works is that they appear to be interconnected. It started in a contest announcement, where You're Under Arrest's Miyuki and Natsumi prayed to win the contest and Belldandy (not yet from Oh My Goddess) told them they weren't eligible...
Since then, Oh My Goddess's Belldandy and Keiichi have shown up in a Christmas story in the You're Under Arrest manga, You're Under Arrest's Natsumi announced the drag-race meet in the third episode of the Oh My Goddess OAV series, the Super Seven that You're Under Arrest's Sena drove (set c. 1995) shows up again in eX-Driver (set c. 2115), and so on.
Is this something that Bob and Chris are noting (or were even aware of) in DW V / OMB II?
On the plus side, it opens up a few new subplot possibilities. On the minus side, it enlarges the cast significantly...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Question about the setting
I was aware of it, but it currently plays no part in our plans for the story.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Until I see something that specifically says the two series are linked, I'm assuming they're not.
Cameos don't count.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
True enough. And to be precise, the unnamed goddess who appears to the girls in "You're Under Arrest" isn't actually Belldandy but a precursor to her; as I recall, that little one-off triggered a series of events that resulted in "Oh! My Goddess" but by the time it was written, the usual writer issues and bullheaded characters going their own way made Belldandy distinct from her.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Quote:
Until I see something that specifically says the two series are linked, I'm assuming they're not.
That's probably the sanest way to handle the issue. (It means no chance of seeing one of my favourite meganekko, but it's your story, not mine... )
Thanks for the replies, BTW.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012