Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to attach an image to a private message
How to attach an image to a private message
In 9 easy steps.

Step 1: Open the private message, notice no attachment box
Step 2: Go to another tab, and click "create thread"
Step 3: Go to the bottom of this thread, and click upload attachment.
Step 4: After upload, click the button at the bottom marked "Insert into Post"
Step 5: Remember the attachment number pasted into the box above
Step 6: Click the "View my attachments" link.  Notice how your new file does not show up, nor does it count towards your quota.
Step 7: Copy the URL link of any file there.
Step 8: Go back to your private message, and click the image attach icon.
Step 9: Paste the URL, but change the number at the end to the number you remembered from Step 5.

Voila!  You have PMed an image.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: How to attach an image to a private message
Interesting, and useful. Does the attachment show up in the list/quota once the PM is sent, though? While keeping private messages actually private is good, not having hidden things clogging up the server forever is also important.
--
‎noli esse culus
Unless there's some cron job that cleans these up periodically, it does not appear.  I doubt that posting a link here will affect it either.  Context: BlackAeronaut was suggesting I buy a "swanky" home from a particular location in San Antonio, so I decided to give it the McMansion Hell treatment.

Also note these images are not actually private either, so be aware it's basically a hack.  You can just iterate through all of the numbers and see all of our pictures.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Hm, well, mostly I asked to make sure it would be considered. I don't know how the server side of things works at all, but there has to be a way to spot and clean up files added this way when they're no longer needed.
--
‎noli esse culus
There is no scheduled task in the board software that "cleans up" attachments in any way.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....