Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor Moon Live On Broadway
Sailor Moon Live On Broadway
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon The Super Live opened at the Playstation Theatre on Times Square in New York on Friday.  I kid you not.  Judging by the information in this Theatermania article, it appears to be a Sera Myu musical made for the American stage as part of the 25th anniversary of the show.

SyFy Wire's review of the show is disturbingly effusive, and Theatermania's coverage is similarly gushing, but honestly, after watching the clip on this page, all I could do was cringe at the performance.  This is not going on my "must see" list, or even "see if I must".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Sailor Moon Live On Broadway
What am I missing? Every time a review of this thing pops up on my feed, it's gushing over the show. But every clip I've seen is just... meh. Is this a case of "it's the only thing we've got, so we're going to love it until they give us more"?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Could be. I rmnember being all for Beasties until some real Transformers came back on the shelves.
--
‎noli esse culus
Oh come on, what's wrong with a few girls with weak voices waving their arms wildly around a stage, singing an entire love song at forte?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(04-09-2019, 07:11 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: What am I missing?  Every time a review of this thing pops up on my feed, it's gushing over the show.  But every clip I've seen is just... meh.  Is this a case of "it's the only thing we've got, so we're going to love it until they give us more"?

That's can't be so - that's never happened before, right?

Pop-Tarts, anyone?

Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown