Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving
In a few free minutes between preparing to head to my mother-in-law's house, let me just wish forum members in the United States a Happy Thanksgiving!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Happy Thanksgiving
My brother and his family have come and gone. My nephews have grown up literally in front of me; the younger one is 19 and looks like a young Freddie Mercury (a comparison I didn't want to make in front of him), while the older is 21 and looks like he's about to tell you that you've probably never heard of sloshy ʎɥsols. (In fact, he got into BLEACH somewhere along the line and has actually been watching the TYBW anime, as distinct from getting information about it by timeline osmosis the way I do, so we geeked out over that at one point.) Their whoodle (wheaten terrier/poodle mix) was mostly well-behaved apart from the occasional noise and occasional traffic pattern issues. Rip brought most of the food; our my mom's main contributions were the gluten-free stuffing and the succotash (served as separate vegetables because everyone likes corn, but only mom and I like succotash). There were pumpkin and apple pies; I'm learning to like the latter, but I can tell you that the brown sugar bourbon stripe in Turkey Hill "Trio-politan" triple vanilla works genuine wonders.

Okay bye.
I hope everybody enjoyed the day.

(Me? I'm in Canada. I had to work.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Thank you. And I'm finally back from four solid days of family activities with my in-laws (including being the co-chef for Thanksgiving dinner along with Peggy and my sister-in-law Amber).
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....