Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Brainstorming] Marked by the Powers-That-Be
[OOC][Brainstorming] Marked by the Powers-That-Be
I know I'm riffing off of Bob's fanfic here... Characters that are of interest to Powers, or beloved by Powers, or protected by Powers get the symbol of those Powers associated to them somehow. Usually, this means other Powers treat the symbols as warning signs - "Hands off this one, s/he is one of mine" - but a few will take them as challenges. And if Salem can detect them, she'll treat people with them as high-priority targets, simply because of her hatred of the Powers.

So, who has one, or is likely to have one?

As BA mentions in this post, Ben has the "Grand Valknut" associated to him in Yggdrasil's records, marking him as of interest to Odin.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=120]

Then there's the circled-pawprint that is Cat Sith's mark. Two characters received that sign before being brought into the Metacontinuity: Akari and Aria.

The Sailor Senshi have their heart-shape-influenced astrological symbols, Sakura has her crowned-winged-heart, and Washuu has her crab, each showing that they're their own Powers.

Skuld's symbol is the circled-mallet. As yet, she hasn't gifted it to anyone in the Metacontinuity... or, if she has, we haven't seen it. (Maybe Nene Romanova, wherever she is, will receive Skuld's symbol. Maybe Kazari Uiharu will. Maybe some other techno-heroes will, too. But, as yet, they haven't.)

Keiichi would have Belldandy's symbol. I have no idea what that symbol is.

Rob doesn't have one, nor does Hyoga; they've been remade by Hvergelmir instead. Once they start noticing the Powers' symbols (they have Skuld's glasses and thus can see such things), Rob will come up with a winged-droplet for the two of them to wear in circumstances where showing the symbol of one's Power is appropriate, but it won't have any eldritch or occult significance. Anybody can draw a symbol, but if it isn't applied by a Power, then it's just a picture.

Thoughts? Additions?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Marked by the Powers-That-Be
And this is why being a soulless machine is the best option.

Being marked by a God generally means being chosen by a God. I once heard a story about a people a God chose once - it didn't end well for them.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
There's still Skuld, ya know. Wink
rob Wrote:Then there's the circled-pawprint that is Cat Sith's mark. Two characters received that sign before being brought into the Metacontinuity: Akari and Aria.

Oh haha I forgot about the stamping incident! Good call.

Dartz Wrote:Being marked by a God generally means being chosen by a God. I once heard a story about a people a God chose once - it didn't end well for them.
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, they still have a tribal identity shared by millions, along with a 4000+ year history and no ending in sight.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto