Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Holy Shit.
RE: Well Holy Shit.
So, got this up and running.... and got locked out at the front door, before all the servers went down to 3 gray dots.

So, yeah, trying again later. :lol

Some people have been suggesting Everlasting and Indomitable in order to have lower pop for stability, but we'll see how things shake out.
I played today.

*cries*

DADDY'S COMING HOME!!!
Yeah, I got some early play on my lunch break on Everlasting. Got up to about level eight with no crashes or anything.

Of course, this evening, both Everlasting and Indomitable are down entirely.

I like it, but goddamn if it is not near-impossible to play consistently during prime time.
I'm amused that Cipher and the Homecoming mods have agreed Everlasting is the unofficial RP server and Indomitable the unofficial PvP. Is it still unofficial if the officials are saying it?

(Though as Valles notes, yes, unofficial, since they don't enforce it or anything, and in general the mods are encouraging folks to play on Everlasting and Indom)

I'm migrating over to Everlasting at this point since even in my very much offpeak playtimes, Excelsior and Torchbearer are going red dots and queue... which is nuts. Damn. Even being in Asia ain't saving me this time.

Currently we're told the Homecoming servers are costing $4700 a month, and this still ain't keeping up with demand.

There's a /coxg/ server coming up led by folks from 4chan, but their intent is to use i24 rather than i25, and word is they're looking at only a 1000 player limit, with no plans to go beyond that.
At some point we just need to pick a server. As much as i like rolling Shizuru on every one we need to choose a home
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
OOF. 4700. Part of that is definitely due to the speed that it was set up, but working out funding is going to be an issue.
(04-29-2019, 09:53 PM)Drenivian Wrote: At some point we just need to pick a server.  As much as i like rolling Shizuru on every one we need to choose a home

Valid, not Torchy or Excelsior due to popularity.

I do have Tish on every server at this point, Vyperpunk I missing off Indomitable but I'll get her there... eventually.

EDIT (To Update): Looks like GM Jimmy has chimed in here. Everlasting is the "unofficial" RP server and Indomitable is the PVP server. My personal preference is... any. I just like playing CoX.
I'm thinking Evie, back in the daaaay we were based on Virtue, the original unofficial RP server..The Legendary is already online there too, it's held on my Ninjas/Dark MM, Vyper's Tish has invite powers
Everlasting's where I've rolled up my characters thus far due to the unofficial RP designation and it not being the most popular due to being newer. Acyl, Spud, MD, Valles, and Uni also all have characters there already.
well, I'm @Mag Flashlight there, usually on either Mag himself or Shogun's Brain, my Ninjas/Dark MM..

when I can play. Which isn't often.
Does anyone know if they've been generic'ing toons based on other IP? Because I've been craving a few recently, like making Akane Tendo with whichever power it was that had a huge mallet as a skin option.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Can't say that they have, can't say that they haven't. I busted a gut laughing at Pepsiman the first night I got on tho..
(05-01-2019, 03:32 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Does anyone know if they've been generic'ing toons based on other IP? Because I've been craving a few recently, like making Akane Tendo with whichever power it was that had a huge mallet as a skin option.

If they are, I haven't gotten busted for this yet. And yes, she's using the exact name. :lol

[Image: dvatest5.PNG] [Image: dvasuit.PNG]

I mean... the name was open. I just kinda had to. :lol
You're a horrible person, Opmegs. I'm looking forward to grouping with you again.
You forgot to share the bio.
Ah, right. lol

Quote: That's right, it's your favorite part-time Paragon University Engineering Department student, turned professional streaming superheroine on the scene!

Remember to like, favorite, and subscribe!

Love, D.Va! Wink
We'll see how good she does with a never-ending stream of mooks. No aggro, though - that's all mine!
Well, I rolled her as an Energy/WP Sentinel, so she's more DPS, less aggro management. So that's not gonna be a competition. lol
On Evie, @vyperpunk and @mag flashlight and @opmegs all have The Legendary invite privs
The race to grab good names is on.... Tongue
And for old friends to return.

Damn there were some big smiles last night when I finally managed to log on.
Just as I knew all of Life's Answers... they changed all the Questions!!
Quote:
There is one thing you don't put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existance, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.
And what would that be sir?
Me.
- Dr Who
Mosey on over to Everlasting, that's the new sorta-Virtue RP server.

Bob, do you have any documents or guidelines from the original SG, or are we still in wide-open go-nuts mode for SG related stuff?
I pointed some people that direction earlier on SV so you folks have fun
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(05-02-2019, 04:53 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: Mosey on over to Everlasting, that's the new sorta-Virtue RP server.

Bob, do you have any documents or guidelines from the original SG, or are we still in wide-open go-nuts mode for SG related stuff?

I still have a directory of stuff somewhere, I think.  I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

Plus this forum has a whole lot, like the rank names, in various threads.

In the meanwhile, if someone could reserve "Evangelia" for me until I can get on, I'd be grateful.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Some suggestions from Acyl and some dodgy photoshop later....

[Image: sidebyside.png]
Ops you Terrible Terrible person
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]