Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Holy Shit.
RE: Well Holy Shit.
... Oh. Right. Quantum Gunners.

*Considers using the chance to reroll Major Starlight as a psuedo-Peacebringer*
Got to spend a couple hours in game yesterday, the current server is named 'Torchbearer', and isn't _quite_ as elegant as Bree under the incredible load of thousands of newbies, but it's playable - when it stays up. Stability isn't quite as good, I'm afraid.

Threw down a Rad/Rad _Tanker_ and started gnawing with Tish. I'm liking the Rad Melee powerset, going to have to throw some slots and DOs at it and see how it do.

If all goes well, I'll have a few more hours tonight and I'm going to rebuild The Legendary, if for no other reason than to have a clearinghouse of not stupid people Big Grin
Have a look at these numbers. Holy Shit Again.

https://score.savecoh.com/index.php/topic,105.0.html
I would like to assure you that those numbers are incorrect. There is but one tank, and until Terrence gets back, all the aggro is MINE.
Lincoln Memorial, GO!

... lost connection to mapserver! It really is just like old times!
(04-24-2019, 09:36 PM)Dakota Wrote: The devs wanted to go back and redo a lot of this coding themselves before the game got shuttered. Heard they were almost out right terrified of messing anything involving the supergroup bases coding short of a complete rewrite.

That does not surprise me, as changing base design, with how much work so many had put into it, was indeed fraught with Peril Dakota.

So torn. Want to be part of putting the band back together, but so not wanting to be the super squishy blapper that a blapper is early on.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I missed that Spud had the code in hand, that's great news!
So, I dunno if this is helpful to anyone, but if you haven't been keeping track of the server news...

Currently the general public has access to the i24 beta source code (the last official Paragon Studios code), and the compiled binaries for i25 (Leandro's private server). The general public does not have the i25 source code, however.

This means that anyone can immediately download and spin up i25 and get it working locally, though people are still figuring out all the ins and outs of the full server setup - getting it fully deployed is still a bit of a challenge.

The currently operational public-private server project, Homecoming/Torchbearer, is an i25 server.

At the same time, people are hoping to get an i24-based server operational, for various reasons. Some are political (i25 is SCORE-associated and has all those balance changes), but many are simply practical (people are working with the i24 source code, after all). The hypothetical server run by the largest City of Heroes discord will likely be i24-based, at this stage.

Spud has been looking at i24 code own his own time, but is not part of any larger coding project.

i25 servers open to large numbers of people will be clunky and expensive as they're running 2012-style, wide rather than tall implementation, needing lots of hardware. The hope is i24 servers will be more streamlined and less costly or resource intensive.
For what its worth I'm following this thread and the news of the server quite closely buuuut i'm currently in 'wait and see' mode to see how things shake out over the next while, I'd really rather not get my hopes up and get a client installed and start playing only for -stuff- to happen and it all comes crashin down y'know? However I'm thrilled to hear bout y'all out there Huntin and Killin skulls.

You Can keep your aggro for now Wiregeek!
once they're modernized. i24 as it sits is also wide.

I've an Intel NUC HVK with 32gb and a 1tb nvme sitting here going to seed I might set up for testing..
(04-26-2019, 12:51 AM)Terrenceknight Wrote: For what its worth I'm following this thread and the news of the server quite closely buuuut i'm currently in 'wait and see' mode to see how things shake out over the next while, I'd really rather not get my hopes up and get a client installed and start playing only for -stuff- to happen and it all comes crashin down y'know?

You're hardly the only one. I'm of the same opinion, since the Homecoming/Torchbearer folks keep saying it's not guaranteed as a permanent server or a permanent solution. I don't want to powerlevel or get too invested in a build, try to make an SG base, or anything like that. I might use it to test out some powersets or dig out some old costumes, but that'll just be noodling around rather than anything serious.

Well, and there's the fact either the server itself or account management or something has been down literally every time I've had a free moment at my gaming PC. If we had definite word of a stable long-term solution, I'd damn well take a couple days off work, but as it currently stands...
*zones, coughs, pats off the dust and pulls cobwebs from her hair.*

Aaaaaand we're back.
(04-26-2019, 12:51 AM)Terrenceknight Wrote: For what its worth I'm following this thread and the news of the server quite closely buuuut i'm currently in 'wait and see' mode to see how things shake out over the next while, I'd really rather not get my hopes up and get a client installed and start playing only for -stuff- to happen and it all comes crashin down y'know? However I'm thrilled to hear bout y'all out there Huntin and Killin skulls.

You Can keep your aggro for now Wiregeek!

TERRENCE! 

I've been telling heroic tales of you for ten damn years.  I was 1,000% hoping you'd make an appearance.
pfft. I was only 645% hoping for Terrence to show up.
You say show up but I have infact been lurking here the entire time laying low and waiting for the time to emerge in all my lazy slothful glory! Also It warms me ole ticker to see everyone gettin hyped up again. I hope you folks have been doin well!
Terr - Lurker Extrodinaire
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Ah, he just got lost trying to find the way out.
Looks in and sees what is going on*

Oh shit, there goes the planet.

On a more serious note, I am going to watch for now as I never played back in the day, but when I get a system that can run it, I will probably join as well
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(04-21-2019, 01:12 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Well, it's going down for some more fixes, but they're hoping that'll be the last time today.

When they say that I have to smile- best laid plans of mice and men you know.  Tongue 

Expect servers to do more up, down than an army recruit in basic training.  A.) Weekend B.) Double XP C.) Over 4k on 1.5k servers

I'm rolling with it as it goes up and faceplants- I missed the game so much even a Mapserve I find endearing. That falling through the floor glitch last night was pretty epic though.  Smile

EDIT: Apparently that missing floor thing was part of a patch for streamline and stability issues that didn't quite go as planned. We've got about an hour yet before the server Gods rebuild the mapserver... yeah, rebuild. RE Build, catastrophic patch methinks.
But GM Jimmy said we can continue to make jokes at their expense!
Potentially stupid warning here but: If one server is up but the other is down don't even bother trying to get on it, they run parallel and if one is failing the other is not far behind.
(04-27-2019, 01:36 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Ah, he just got lost trying to find the way out.

I'll be real. Your not wrong, my sesne of direction (or lack thereof) is LEGENDARY.
(04-25-2019, 07:34 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: ... Oh. Right. Quantum Gunners.

*Considers using the chance to reroll Major Starlight as a psuedo-Peacebringer*

I googled first and most of the sites are offline or not found at this point.

Anyone remember what the keybind Macro (its been so long) is to target Quantum gunners first?  I hate the idea of loosing a teammate (pug or otherwise) because most don't remember how awful Q's can be for a WS/PB player.

UPDATE:  Took some digging so here... take it /bind TAB "targetenemynext$$ targetcustomnext enemy quantum$$ targetcustomnext enemy void$$ targetcustomnext enemy cyst$$ targetcustomnext enemy alive$$ targetcustomprev enemy alive"
Major Starlight: THANK YOU.
They are standing up two more servers. Holy shit that is going to be expensive unless they are some sort of Tall test.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Holy shit they're online, Everlasting and Indomitable have joined the stable
(04-28-2019, 04:44 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: Holy shit they're online, Everlasting and Indomitable have joined the stable

And have enabled 3 days of double XP to draw people off the other servers!  Big Grin

EDIT: Growing pains though, they're knocking everything else down as they adjust to the code, mapserver and player hugs.