Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Server
State of the Server
Going to leave history, politics, blame and shame, all of that to other threads - and there SHOULD be those threads. 

But the short form is - there is a functioning City of Heroes server.  Right now. And you can get to it. 

Per https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bf462j/a_guide_for_preparing_to_join_the_public_server/

Download magnet:?xt=urn:btih:606490b92fc35d249abff9f00360302d0552e735&dn=coh using the Torrent software of your choice.  This is the..  current..  CoH client (Issue 24 ish.)

Once that download is completed, Windows folks can get http://patch.savecoh.com/tequila.exe Tequila, Mac folks can get http://ir.powermad.net/islandrum-mac.zip IslandRum, and Linux folks can.. err.. I'll get back to you.  There _is_ a Linux native solution, but per the guy across the basement, Wine will do the thing.

OK, so you've got a thing! and it..  doesn't do much.

Head on over to https://score.savecoh.com/  and register yourself a forum account.  This is NOT related in any way to your old NCSoft account information.  Recommend using throwaway credentials.

Once that's up, https://score.savecoh.com/account/ Will let you create a game account. Again, nothing to do with your old account credentials - and it can be the same as your forum ones.

In Tequila, there are three options.  SCORE is 'The Game', on the test public server.  Yep. THE GAME.

Paragon Chat is a very limited CoH instantiation - no mobs, no powers other than travel, it's just the logical expansion of Pocket D to take over the rest of the world.  Handy for making sure your settings are good and getting that itch scratched, though.

Titan Icon v1.71 is even more limited.  It's chargen and costume design, then you get to run around an empty Atlas Park.  No powers, no nothing.

CURRENT STATUS
SCORE - slammed hard. Expected to remain slammed hard.
Paragon Chat - Unknown. Requires cohtitan.com account, currently unable to register.
Titan Icon 1.71 - Up, stable. Chargen works, costume works.
RE: State of the Server
As of this AM, stability and playability is miles improved from the first couple of days. I spent about 45 minutes in Atlas punching Hellions this morning, and got to level 5! I was able to easily talk to Lady Liberty and get Super Jump, bounce around a few times.. then they shut down the server for maintenance..

We're getting there, folks, we really are.
Last known numbers were over 2000 people online, over 400 door missions active, server status STABLE
This popped up in the Discord from the heads

To those asking administration, moderation, and codingbase about preventing a character wipe upon the conclusion of the testing phase; it is not an issue for discussion. It HAS to happen in order to move onto live.
Make sure to save your character costumes for when it happens.

Wipe going to live happens 4/27

Or Not...

Innocuous/Artificial IntelToday at 8:40 PM
@everyone Clarification: I was not aware that we could retain character data after transitioning to live. We will be holding a poll to start fresh or maintain. Standby for a future update.

OK back to wiping on 4/27

KillmeplsToday at 9:07 PM
@everyone
Ok everyone I'm awake and primary communication has been re-established. With regards to the non test server and character wipes this is what WILL happen. After internal deliberation the administration team has decided that current characters on the test server will HAVE to be wiped from the server before continuing with the live server on the 27th. This means that YES your character on the server right now will not exist when we go live on the 27th.
The reason we are wiping the server is that we feel that between the rogue admin that took players to Khalista Warf and gave them a free boost to level 50, and the constant problems of server stability we were experiencing while getting this all set up has created an unfair advantage for some players. Because of this we feel that the only way we can survive as a community is with a fresh start, this is final. We know this may be upsetting for some but if we were to leave the characters as it is we feel this may alienate some players who did not receive such fortune as as others.

Pertaining to liver server info, the only thing we can give you at this time is that the live server will 100% be coming on the 27th. We do not have an exact time as of yet but we will be keeping you posted with updates as we proceed.

Going forward I will be attempting to lessen the strain of communication between the admin team and the community as a whole, this entire misunderstanding over the past 1-2 hours has been my fault and I ask that you forgive me for that. I had passed out after a 40+ hour session of getting the test server up and running while testing server actions for any critical bugs/ "undocumented features". This was unacceptable to me and I will strive to correct this by being more transparent with the other administrators in the future. So please don't blame the other administrators for any supposed 'favoritism' it was solely a lack of communication on my part and it will be rectified in the future.

If you have any questions going forward please feel free to DM me and I will answer them to the best of my ability, I hope you all understand and I can't wait to see you all live on the 27th.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Server stability has been Good, but Poor - we've mapserved multiple times, but been able to get back in in short order. Overall, _ignoring that holy crap it's CoH_, I'm quite pleased.

Folks. It Is Happening.
(04-21-2019, 10:50 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: Server stability has been Good, but Poor - we've mapserved multiple times, but been able to get back in in short order.  Overall, _ignoring that holy crap it's CoH_, I'm quite pleased.  

Folks.  It Is Happening.

Given they hit 2700 at one point when the original live server limit was 1500! It's doing darn well.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/co..._of_score/

And it's gone. I'm.. I don't even know. this hurts.
... Fucking NCSoft. Fucking IP Laws. Fuck the lot of it.
If anyone has a Discord, could they join up and start getting data? I can't Discord, so I'm operating waaaay removed.
https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/22/city-...al-action/

Massively seems to be on top of it, I haven't seen fresher data points yet.
They're only creating a LLC now? That won't protect them from anything that happened before the formation of the LLC...

Ah, well. If something sounds too good to be true, and all that.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(04-22-2019, 04:14 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: If anyone has a Discord, could they join up and start getting data? I can't Discord, so I'm operating waaaay removed.

Quote:Innocuous/Glory to ArachnosToday at 4:42 PM
Things may not be as nuclearly fucked as I was lead to be presented with. Please hold tight. I am not posting a GFM, it may not be needed.

Innocuous/Glory to Arachnos
Today at 5:08 PM
We are drafting a general update. Questions I can answer right now: 1.) We do not currently have the server binaries right now. We do not physically have them. 2. We are not giving up, every single one of us is looking at the outcomes and directions to go to. 3. Hope is not lost. Seriously. Coderbus, calm down. People in the community, calm down. We are working to figure out a solution as well as get some spatial awareness on what is going on. 4. The previous plan of forming an LLC may not need to be formed. So, once again, please calm down. This is a panic spiral and we are trying to collect ourselves.

last official updates from them. The general chat is still in semi-meltdown mode, but it seems someone had a panic attack and miscommunications in some order. Like cats trapped on a power pole in a raging thunderstorm.

So far, gist I'm getting from the fast moving chat is that NCsoft may not be involved at all.

Edit: As soon as I post this, they are writing out a new update in the update channel.

The new update
Quote:Innocuous/Glory to ArachnosToday at 5:52 PM
As of now, we are running on the assumption that there is no DMCA. We have a drive that we are currently verifying on if it's the server binaries. As it stands, it has everything. There has been some fuckups that lead to mass server panic, and an emergency administration and codemod meeting has been called. We may very well be able to salvage this situation before the next sunset. No promises. Do not hold this against me. We have a gameplan. It depends on verifying this code right now. Once it is achieved, we are pushing to get a server back up immediately. The original goal of the server has been to get a stable i24 for distribution and by the Well of the Furies we will get it. This chaos was unprofessional on my part (partly from my inexperience), and triggers were being pulled before we even had the horses at the races. We will also be futureproofing future development to make sure this kind of clusterfuck will never happen again.

Also, allow me to be blunt and address this once and for all. FOR FUCKS SAKE, STOP HOPPING LEANDRO'S DICK THE MOMENT ANYTHING HAPPENS. MYSELF INCLUDED.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Thank you, Dakota. When I overthrow those puny heroes and take my rightful place as DARK OVERLORD OF PARAGON CITY, you will be held amongst the stars.
(04-22-2019, 05:03 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: Thank you, Dakota.  When I overthrow those puny heroes and take my rightful place as DARK OVERLORD OF PARAGON CITY, you will be held amongst the stars.

It honestly didn't help that the trolls jumped in and turned it into even more of a raging clusterfuck when the rumors/misinformation/news first started coming out right after the servers went down.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

It never does. I've always tried to be a little skeptical, but still rapid in my information-bringing. I don't even have some idea that 'people depend on me', I just.. that's how the wiregeek do.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE!!
https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/22/city-...al-action/

I'd suggest reading the article on MassivelyOP, which is a cleaner chronology of the whole business - including the information that it does seem someone jumped the gun on reports of legal action rather than actual legal action per-se.

MassivelyOP and the author are not neutral parties here given their own role in this business, but it is a cleaner chronology than any other account.
Massively has some excellent coverage.

Found a project name and a linked document - they're calling it "Resurgence", which is a deliciously appropriate handle.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQ68...obilebasic
We'll get a official update over discord later today, but I've been watching some of the Code-discussion channel and this popped up and made me chuckle.

Quote:OmahaToday at 7:16 PM

I now understand the dev teams scribbled whiteboard drawing on their streams back in the day
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Wiregeek that google docs link you post is being kept up to date with what is going on at the moment. They are trying to get a server up, but I think they are going to take their time this time around.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

(04-22-2019, 03:47 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: ... Fucking NCSoft. Fucking IP Laws. Fuck the lot of it.

*SIGH*  This pretty much expressed my fears from the first moment I heard of this
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
They just added a new server! Torchbearer has been joined by Excelsior!!!

Come on and join the show, True Believers!
Both of those servers have a player cap of 1.5k... there was 4k on them just before they went down this time. 

Discord is working to resolve the issue.
Oh dear.

But I've bitten the bullet and started downloading Tequila. Well, its more than downloaded, its Pigging out, so to speak.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Oink oink oink!

Hit me up on Mag Flashlight on Evie