Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff I found clearing out my room....
Stuff I found clearing out my room....
A Soviet camera lens
A Bottle of Guinness from 2003. (Still drinkable? My arse will tell in the morning)
A spare magazine for the Beretta gas gun
A figurine of Doug Sangnoir I made 8 years ago
A bottle of Bulleit. Half finished. I don't remember buying it. (Still drinkable)
A collection of US Quarters - a quarter of all States
A souvenir bag from my holiday in 2016 - unopened
A half-finished Misty May model
A half-finished Space Battleship Yamato
A Falco 45rpm single - Amadeus
A CD of The Wall, with Wish You were Here and Animals stuffed in the case.
Fifteen Euro in Change
2750 Yen
A half-finished Nakoruru Resin kit - that'd be worth about 200 euro or more if I hadn't started it since the resin version is so rare.
A set of microscrewdrivers
A Bottle of Teeling 23yo.
A paperweight with Lincolnm's emancipation declaration on it
A Tachikoma
A Tachikoma kit.
A Broken Dell Model-M clone
A con-bag from Eirtakon 2008, with conbook, and con-loot including the first five volumes on Seraphic Feather, a Dirty Pair novel, some Evangelion artwork.
A copy of the Illuminatus Trilogy
A receipt from the Soviet Union, unfilled out, for sale of a Soviet Lens.

....and it doesn't look any tidier.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Stuff I found clearing out my room....
(04-22-2019, 12:42 PM)Dartz Wrote: ....and it doesn't look any tidier.

Snrk.  Need to do something myself.  My room looks like Hurricanes Katrina, Andrew, and Harvey all got together and had a messy threesome.
Our bedroom isn't too bad, but the library... that's where Peg puts stuff she doesn't want to see anywhere else in the house. It slowly fills up until I barely have the room to move my chair, and then we do a clean-up/out, and then we get another two years of stuff accumulation...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I mostly keep my place pretty well organized ... a holdover from my army days.  Except that I tend not to vacuum or sweep anywhere near as much as I should, and I let dust accumulate on shelves, especially those where I have small objects I'd have to pick up and then put back in place (BattleTech figures, for instance; I've got an entire shelf dedicated to my "13th Armored Strike Command," and I haven't played in over a quarter century).

-----
“We’ve had our differences, but he’s seen the light … and I made sure he moved toward it, instead of coming back.”
We finally have made the effort to kill our own "clutter room". This was the room we technically had other plans for. We'd wound up using it to store pieces of the virtual pinball until we could build the cabinet for it. And a couple of pieces of excess furniture. And some boxes. And a couple of other things not really in the "keep" category.

It's now become a sewing room after one trip to IKEA, so now I have a place to leave my sewing machine and serger up "full time", and it keeps us from using it as general storage.

So now we're down to the workroom (which I really do need to tackle so I can use the workbenches for modeling) and the laundry room. I may have to find a better way to store the Christmas tree and ornaments in the house.

It's all complicated out a bit by the fact that the house doesn't really have a storage room, per say. The previous owners had used what I'm using as the workroom as their storage area. And the shed out back doesn't count, it's full of lawn equipment anyway.

BTW, it's helpful to have parents that are one less walking aisle away from appearing on an episode of Hoarders as encouragement to keep the amount of objects down in one's own life.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
... I'm not really sure about that. My father is a hoarder, and I have to be a pushy arse just to keep walkways mostly clear. (I live with him because he's getting on and can't really carry firewood etc., and even has trouble with groceries and laundry.) I hate having to be the no-fun guy, but it's that or have the place become utterly impassable... but the only way I can really say I'm better about it is that I mostly collect software and files, rather than physical objects. I used to collect Transformers toys and still have a couple dozen, but most of that was lost in a fire and I'm still too heartbroken over it to go back to browsing toy aisles even if I had the money for it, which I usually don't.
--
‎noli esse culus
dammit YOU BLOODY IRISH GIT!!! STOP...

Oh, nevermind. To be honest I am just like you, just half a bloody planet away. Sad Sad Sad Sad
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Uh...? Who are you talking to, Star?

...Are you drunk? You seem to be posting a bunch of stuff that's less coherent than I'd expect from your usual. Also angry in general.
--
‎noli esse culus
Quote:Uh...? Who are you talking to, Star?
...Are you drunk? You seem to be posting a bunch of stuff that's less coherent than I'd expect from your usual. Also angry in general.

I was wondering the same thing. Is everything okay, STar?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(04-24-2019, 07:29 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Uh...? Who are you talking to, Star?

I was wondering the same thing.  Is everything okay, STar?

Hmmm.....  *Looks elsewhere in the forum, finds the following...*

(04-24-2019, 02:54 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Dammit BA!!!!  You are making me guilty of alcohol abuse!!!

Yep.  He's pickled.  Big Grin
I figured that meant he'd abused the poor alcohol by doing a spit take rather than properly savor it. I mean, I loathe the taste of the stuff, but I know many people enjoy it.
--
‎noli esse culus
Yes. Completely and totally was. *hangs head in shame*
NO QUARTER!

I'm finishing the Bulleit. Maybe it'll help me sleep. A tripod's been added to the clutter - Ulllah - It'll act as a clothes horse more than anything.

In related news. I still have the figurine Bob - I could post it off to you if you'd like.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

(04-24-2019, 12:05 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... I'm not really sure about that. My father is a hoarder, and I have to be a pushy arse just to keep walkways mostly clear. (I live with him because he's getting on and can't really carry firewood etc., and even has trouble with groceries and laundry.) I hate having to be the no-fun guy, but it's that or have the place become utterly impassable... but the only way I can really say I'm better about it is that I mostly collect software and files, rather than physical objects. I used to collect Transformers toys and still have a couple dozen, but most of that was lost in a fire and I'm still too heartbroken over it to go back to browsing toy aisles even if I had the money for it, which I usually don't.

My parents' house is pretty much to the point that there are only walkways through much of it. Granted, stuff isn't literally piled to the ceiling, but it's clear they have about six-seven times of what that house should have in it. It isn't helped by the fact that their house is actually much worse in terms of storage options than ours is.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
(04-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Yes. Completely and totally was. *hangs head in shame*

Ah, it's not so bad - I got this thread confused with LynnInDenver's somehow, and I don't even have the excuse of being drunk. Dartz I know has mentioned being Irish a few times.

(04-24-2019, 03:40 PM)Dartz Wrote: A tripod's been added to the clutter - Ulllah - It'll act as a clothes horse more than anything.

A camera tripod I pesume? Have you a camera to go with it and the lens, or are they both spares?
--
‎noli esse culus
(04-24-2019, 10:01 PM)classicdrogn Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Yes.  Completely and totally was.  *hangs head in shame*

Ah, it's not so bad - I got this thread confused with LynnInDenver's somehow, and I don't even have the excuse of being drunk. Dartz I know has mentioned being Irish a few times.

Hey, it's not like you were that Australian were-shitposter back in the pictures thread. Or were you...? :V

Really, though, don't sweat it. Drunkposting is something I'm sure everyone's done. (Including me. Or at least I think I may have? Tongue )
(04-24-2019, 03:40 PM)Dartz Wrote: A tripod's been added to the clutter - Ulllah - It'll act as a clothes horse more than anything.

A camera tripod I pesume? Have you a camera to go with it and the lens, or are they both spares?
Judging from the "Ulllah" — the siren howl of the Martian war machines — I'm guessing it's one of their tripods instead.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(04-24-2019, 11:39 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Really, though, don't sweat it.  Drunkposting is something I'm sure everyone's done.  (Including me.  Or at least I think I may have?  Tongue  )

I haven't, on account of never having had more than a sip of anything alcoholic.

Not that I need it to make stupid decisions either.
Quote:In related news. I still have the figurine Bob - I could post it off to you if you'd like.
Oh, yes, that would be great, if you're not wanting to keep it any more. I still have pictures of that on my machine at home.

I don't think you already have my mailing address -- I'll send it to you in a private message.
-- Bob

(04-25-2019, 02:58 AM)DHBirr Wrote:

Judging from the "Ulllah" — the siren howl of the Martian war machines — I'm guessing it's one of their tripods instead.

Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it....

Stop that, Self, you do NOT need another miniatures game.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Our house is reasonably well kept with the exception of the two outbuildings and my late mother's room. Have to get in there one week and sort through all her crap
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(04-24-2019, 11:39 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Yes.  Completely and totally was.  *hangs head in shame*

Hey, it's not like you were that Australian were-shitposter back in the pictures thread.  Or were you...?  :V

Nope.  While my fathers side of the family tree DID come from Brisbane Australia, he married a local and we all grew up here in the US.  Given the size of California, really only moved around here in the state, but HAVE visited the Capitol, and Florida, and a few other places along the way.

Funny fact:  As I mentioned, my Da came from Brisbane, which is temprate to semi tropical...  Guess where he lives now?  FREAKING WYOMING.  Where one can get snow in May and JUNE.  *SO TOTALLY BOGGLED AT THAT*
NO QUARTER!

(04-25-2019, 07:13 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:In related news. I still have the figurine Bob - I could post it off to you if you'd like.
Oh, yes, that would be great, if you're not wanting to keep it any more.  I still have pictures of that on my machine at home.

And it arrived today, along with the extras.  Thank you!
-- Bob

Glad to hear it all made it. Was worried about customs being tetchy