Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image loading weirdness in 1000 year Flood thread
Image loading weirdness in 1000 year Flood thread
I dunno if this is a forum issue or something to do with the site(s) Rob's getting the images from, but I have to bring up the context menu, and click "view image" to see them. If I page back after that, the images show up in the thread, but they don't load until I've done that.

I have checked other threads (e.g. Lynn's Rec Room Projects), and they don't seem to have this problem. It's just the one thread.
RE: Image loading weirdness in 1000 year Flood thread
More likely the host than here; if it's not happening globally it's unlikely to be something with the board software.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Interesting, because I'm not seeing that behaviour. Could it be a IP-address region issue (I'm in Canada) or a browser issue (I use Firefox)?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I use Waterfox. I like my tabs below my toolbars thank you very much. I'm also in the US, so it could be either one I suppose. I can test with Firefox or Edge.

Edit: I have tested with Firefox. The images showed up fine there. Logging in seems to have become unnecessarily complicated though. And the issue still seems to be the one thread because the one image in Bob's latest thread showed up fine.
Well, that image is an attachment directly hosted here on the forums. Rob's are image links out to a server in Canada.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....