Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there no end to this dehumanization?
Is there no end to this dehumanization?
A Trump admin says migrant children don't need toothbrushes or soap.

No.  I'm not kidding here.

https://www.newsweek.com/migrant-childre...on-1445090

You oughta read it just for the reactions from the judges.
RE: Is there no end to this dehumanization?
These are the same people trying to argue technicalities over the concentration camps being called concentration camps. This is your government.
Worse, they're saying the children don't need anything that is not specifically enumerated in a previous ruling, which includes a hell of a lot more than just toothbrushes and soap. It's utterly revolting, and I'd consider suing Trump's politically appointed administration officials for neglectful homicide at minimum given how this is clearly policy for the agencies involved.
Pence visited one of the centres recently.

Had to turn it to black and white but I'll be damned if this photo doesn't remind me of something when I do.....

[Image: WQ8bcVdl.png]

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I'm going to assume you don't mean how his stance, flat mouth, round (probably slightly puffed when the photo was snapped) cheeks, and hair blending into the light background make him look like George Washington...

That one guard's comb over and the shadow under his nose are really doing him no favours, though, especially in the WWII context you're more likely to be implying.
--
‎noli esse culus
I'm not getting a WWII vibe from this. Pence is aloof, apparently-distracted, and paying zero attention to the detainees... Ah! There's a portrait of a British commander (I forget the name) in the Canadian War Museum that's like that, down to the commander being in Pence's pose except on horseback. This particular commander was less than competent.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
OK lesson learned. I'll never try anything creative again.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

Being creative is fine, but your implications were maybe a little too implied? What did you actually mean to suggest?
--
‎noli esse culus
Guards. Aloof looking government official in a suit. People trapped behind a fence.

Turns out it was a POW camp I was thinking off - but I remembered seeing this image before and the fence thing just sort of set off the recollection beacon.

Eh... sort of I guess, though the POW camp officials are actually smiling or - I can't tell is the foreground left one actually sticking his tongue out, or laughing, or what? - while the one nearby prisoner looks very unimpressed. The modern photo on the other hand has sad-looking brown people pressed up against a fence like sardines in a can as a backdrop for Wanna Be George Washington, Porky Hitler, and peering over Georgie's shoulders some cavemen with concave forheads, presumably security detail or something. The propaganda caricature almost paints itself...
--
‎noli esse culus