Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noodle Incident
Noodle Incident
I knew that Elizabeth Peters' last Amelia Peabody Emerson book, The Painted Queen, was being completed by another author after Peters' Author Existence Failure in 2013.  Until last week or so, however, I somehow missed learning that it was published in '17.  Yesterday, I finally had the opportunity to buy it.  I've barely begun reading it, so there are no spoilers here, except that everyone who's alive in the six books set after this one will survive.  (That's a joke, son; why aintcha laughin'?)  But....

I did want to mention that the pinch-author, Joan Hess, in her preface, talks about her long friendship with Barbara Mertz alias Elizabeth Peters including "a lengthy exchange of weird presents involving sheep...."  Wisely, perhaps, she left unspecified why the weird presents involved sheep.  Let the trees begin their grand mal seizures!

-----
Considering that one dictionary definition of "carry on" is to "behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner," the designers of that famous poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On," need to make up their flippin' minds!
RE: Noodle Incident
(05-13-2019, 10:22 AM)DHBirr Wrote:  Wisely, perhaps, she left unspecified why the weird presents involved sheep.

Baaaaaaaaaa!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children